• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vaccinations

Fayelou

Alpha Buck
I have booked in the bun to have these done on Saturday 19th November at Ashleighs vets in Manchester,

Can they do them both at the same time or do they need tobe done seperately?

Thanks in advance xxxx

I have booked in the bun to have these done on Saturday 19th November at Ashleighs vets in Manchester,

Thanks in advance xxxx

They need to be done at least 2 week apart :)

In addition to that, as you probably know, a vet should only vaccinate a rabbit if s/he thinks the rabbit's immune system is healthy enough to cope with it. Don't be afraid to ask questions :)

Thanks very much for the fast responses!

Right that's fine hope that she can get sorted, as I need to put her in boarding over Xmas xxx

Thanks in advance xxxx

Aidan says that they would do them both at the same time as some newer research has shown it's ok*. I questioned this, but he said that the information about doing them separately is widespread but old. (However, he added that you're always welcome to do the vaccinations separately if you want to, for example to spread the cost.)

But either way they are very keen to make sure that the rabbit is in good health first. In your situation I would ask if the receptionist could check with the vet how long they'd want to wait to do them if your bun has had the problems she's had, and tell them the meds she's been on and when they stopped etc - basically is this appointment too early or about the right time?

Pet sitters might be an option if she wasn't ready for boarding.

* I have been meaning to locate this and have a read, but not bothered yet as mine won't be well enough for their jabs for a while

Last edited:
Thank you Vita for being so helpful once again xx

She is booked in with Aiden, for the vaccinations on 19th November. I told the receptionist on the phone that she is a snuffles bun so would like to have her checked over first of all. They did give the impression on the phone that the injections are done at the same time. She seems to have good days and bad days at the moment with her snuffles but behaves normally otherwise!

Hope your buns are doing well xx

Poor you and poor humpy Simba! I hope you get things sorted soon.

Mine are enjoying themselves roaming about the hallways and stairs for 12h+ per day now (which started after they got out on Saturday morning and I just thought " **** it"). Ada sneezes far less away from hay, thought there are foot worries, and I love seeing a bunny peacefully roosting on the landing as I take breaks from work. She likes their new antibiotics too and happily laps from the syringe :D. I think her sneezing is already less violent and snotty-sounding, even in the cage; hopefully I'm right and the improvement will continue. It would be nice to be able to be relaxed and optimistic about them, at least for a few weeks, until I have to deal with hormonal teenage rabbits ... Christmas will be fun....

Back