• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits in free ads - so sad

Have just seen a beautiful little lop eared rabbit in a free ad on gumtree.

Says what a lovely rabbit and then at the end reason for getting rid is "my daughter has outgrown it". Makes me want to cry.

Why do people treat these beautiful little creatures as toys that can be cast aside when they are tired of them. Breaks my heart.

Our Gumtree had a pretty rabbit which came in a tiny cage, yesterday or today. I wouldn't even put a hamster in that cage. :(

I have stopped looking on Gumtree, it is so upsetting. There are some beauties on my local one, also with excuses like 'kids outgrown', or even 'I am having a baby now so no time for her'.
I saw some beautiful gerbils with proper gerbilarium bought a week ago, can't keep it as have a dog who keeps trying to eat them.........errr, ! week?? did you not know you had a dog??

i saw one on gumtree which said

bunny must go asap as i have a dog

(oh yeah give away the bunny because you got a dog) some people !:censored:

It's another thing which really needs to be taught in schools, as some families don't have a responsible or caring attitude to animals, or fully understand what's involved in taking good care of pets. Some kids may pick it up from friends' families, but many won't. Most children tend to like animals, so it would be a good place to start; if they can nag parents to do things for the environment, they can play a part in making sure animals are looked after better.

Back