• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what are the bests rabbit feeds

shadow05

Mama Doe
i was wondering if anybody cud tell me which are the best in order? scooters on bugress excel but i know that there are many of brands and some are more ideal than others.

srry ive just been wondering this for a while.

If Scooters doing alrgith on excel then it's good. Only problem with excel is some bunnies get excess ceceals from it. Both of mine are on excel though and do well on it :)

hes alright just getting a bit chubby :lol: which might be a good thing fot this winter :lol: i was just curious mostly :)

There is no best, as what one bun will do well on, others will not :)

Exactly this. All bunnies and their digestive systems are different, so what works for one, maybe not work for another. It's just about finding what keeps your bunny in the best condition :)

oh right was just wondering what most people tend to have there bunnys on :)

:lol: that's a completely different question. I'm sure, if you use the search function, you will come across some of the many past threads asking what pellets people use :)

Some of the best brands imo are burgess excel, supreme science selective, allen & paige, wagg (optimum not brunch) and oxbow is highly reccomended but I've never tried it myself, but rabbits react differently to each, for example it seems quite common for some buns to have stomach problems with excel and some loose a lot of weight with allen & paige natural.

both of mine are on Wagg optimum, they came from the rescue on it, it's cheap and I can get it from Asda.

Very happy with it!

I get Dodson and Horrell. It cost me £10 for 20kg so is excellent value. It hasnt got the highest fibre content, but its only about 10-20% of their daily diet. They love it and are in excellent shape on it. I highly recommend it.

If he's doing well on excel keep him on it, its a good pellet at 19% fibre. If he's getting chubby you can reduce them a little, till you find a good amount for him. Tbh most of the higher fibre brands are more expensive, and you'd be better off saving that money for vets bills.

Back