• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you "dread" cleaning one hutch more than others?

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
I dont "dread" cleaning any of my buns, but the first pen i come to belongs to Mojo, Holly and Frodo and there is always poo and pee on the floor, they are so messy :roll:. The rest of the buns have the odd pearly lieing about, and loads of hay, but nothing too hard to clean. Then i get to foster bun Divo, and not a strand of hay is out of place and all toilets are in the tray :love:. I leave him to last because he is easiest :lol:

I dread cleaning the guinea pigs out over the rabbits. Rabbits are so easy! :lol:

Its Lily and BBs pen.Its large and I have to get in and roll up the whole pile then quickly dump it into a black bag.....

When it comes to the housework,its the lounge as its always full of dander,dust,feathers and seed from a certain bird......:roll::roll:
Not to mention any bird poop that Ive missed from the floor/back of leather chairs/sofa.Its gone all hard and difficult to remove...

I struggle most with Candyfloss and Dusk because their weather proof cover is so hard to get off and then get on, it exhausts me totally. I worry about that everytime I change them. Everything else is fine though :)

I dread cleaning the guinea pigs out over the rabbits. Rabbits are so easy! :lol:

Oh yes, i remember this from my piggy days, not good is it :shock:. That is sort of what i contend with when i clean out Mojo, Holly and Frodo :lol:

No both sheds are easy to clean out, and all the bunnies are quite well litter trained so it's never too messy! I used to hate cleaning Piglet out as she was in my room, I'd pick up the rug and start sweeping and she'd hop around peeing and pooing everywhere as she went :roll: Drove me mad, the room never seemed to be tidy with her around!

I dont "dread" cleaning any of my buns, but the first pen i come to belongs to Mojo, Holly and Frodo and there is always poo and pee on the floor, they are so messy :roll:. The rest of the buns have the odd pearly lieing about, and loads of hay, but nothing too hard to clean. Then i get to foster bun Divo, and not a strand of hay is out of place and all toilets are in the tray :love:. I leave him to last because he is easiest :lol:

you may remember when i first had bunnies thumper and mitzi, i used dread thumpers when she got older and had kidney failure, mainly because i knew it would be sodden teh next day :oops: but she couldn;t help it and i just got on with the job :lol:

Werlll mimah and roger are more stinky and less um tidy with their poo placement than lola and max...so i guess i dread their room the most :lol:

All mine are messy little ******(well except bugsy, even though he chucks all the hay and newspaper out of his bed he does all poos in one of his trays :love: the piggies are hard cos they are just piggies:roll:(but I :love: them anyway) and the other buns are just stinky they pee and poop everywhere and have completely trashed their new enclosure:roll:

Yeah :roll:

Jessica does excess caecotrophs, no matter what she eats, almost all year round. She's been vet checlked, and the others don't do it, so I basically have to go in with a paint scraper and chisel it all off the concrete :evil: They also move thier litter boxes all over the place so there's usually squashed ones underneath as well.

I love them really, but it's definitely the worst clean out by a country mile!!!!!

I used to dread Zfloppy and Millie's. Although they had four litter trays, they still preferred the floor of the run. It was awful trying to sweep it out everyday, nevermind wash it! Now though, their run is space round the hutch kmy new lean to so I can sweep it up without having to even bend over. I have Lino down too so it all cleans so easily.

Rosie and Sky were great too but tonight is the last time I need to do their hutch. They went off to a new home today.:D:D

i do some times with scooter, he sometimes leaves presents in his blankets :evil: he has the odd accident that he gets a bit embrassed about :oops: :lol: but normally hes not too bad i prefer to clean him out that the rabbits that were at my college. i use to sneak them extra hay because they hardly ever got any or somebody was being stingy with it :(

Oh yes. My two buns have two 4ft-ish petshop cages with doors open on to one another. Cage 2 has become an eating, drinking and play area where they leave very few droppings, whilst Cage 1 contains the litter tray at one end and a hide at the other. The middle area of Cage 1 is basically an extended litter tray, though with considerably less pee. It's a horrible job to clean it all out [a) have just come back from doing it and b) I don't have much experience with pets] and I wonder if I should clean it daily so it's less disgusting, even if this does use up more time and hay.

Without a doubt it's the trio outside. They are so messy they pee and poo everywhere. I hate it! Thankfully the others aren't bad!

Not usually as I only have one bun. But sometimes Buckley decides he doesn't want to use his litter tray and would rather squeeze his bum into the tiny gap between the litter tray edge and the edge of the cage-base it's in and pee on the newspaper. He actually has to reverse into the gap. It's ridiculous, I'm beginning to think he does it on purpose when I've done something he doesn't like.
When he does this he really goes to town with it; one massive pee that soaks through all the newspaper and turns it to mush :lol:

Redge amd madels I hate doing there pens always poop and pee central no matter how many litter trays the have they always pee and poo on the floor. Pennys a darling always uses her litter try. The rest we have the odd poo and pee else where

I only have one hutch but my two are not litter trainned yet so they pee and poop everywhere...however I dont mind! It will be nice when they are litter tray trainned but i really dont mind :) they only really pee in the bedroom as they do use the litter tray downstairs (although poop gets scattered) but I have the hutch set up so that its easy to clean :) Downstairs is bare wood flooring so I just sweep it daily and empty that litter tray and upstairs is alla layer of straw with hay on top...the landing gets completly emptied and re-done 2 or 3 times a week and the bedroom gets done daily (which is thinck straw and hay) :)

Back