• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Erm im not sure about this so i thought id ask.

shadow05

Mama Doe
hi everyone :wave:,

im a bit consonerded about scooter hes alright and everything but i was wondering with him being an indoor rabbit and the house getting older the more we go into winter. i was wondering if he wud be able to deal with it i know that indoor rabbits are suppose to be kept to roughly the same temperature. my bedroom is getting colder and my main concern is him because he lives in a dog crate. he doesnt really have anything to keep him warm really. he has a couple of little fleece blankets that hes rather fond of.

so i was wondering wud i be able to do anything for him this winter to help. unfortunatly i cant just put the heating on because my rooms run into a problem and the counsil are doing some work on a gas pipe soon.

i have no idea wat temperature the room is at but even im having quite a lot of difficulty with it.

You could get a cardboard box and make it snuggly, pretty much like a 'nest' with hay and maybe some fleece and stuff to snuggle in. Also, a snugglesafe or similar if you're worried?

You could get a cardboard box and make it snuggly, pretty much like a 'nest' with hay and maybe some fleece and stuff to snuggle in. Also, a snugglesafe or similar if you're worried?

wud that be enought to keep him warm? i think hed love that he did use to have a little cardboard home but i had to take it away because he was eating to much of it and it made me worry lol but he spent a lot of his time in there napping. :D

i was wondering if this wud be okay for him id go with a cardboard box but i know hes eat it :lol:

http://www.therange.co.uk/corner-loo-with-filter-door-and-scoop/cats/the-range/fcp-product/16419

obviously i wont be using it as a litter tray i just thought it wud be good to keep his quilts in and to put loads of hay in there with him every so often. i like how its got a falp on it and i wud like to get him use to a cat flap seen as his cage will have one put on when i get enought money to do it.

wud that be enought to keep him warm? i think hed love that he did use to have a little cardboard home but i had to take it away because he was eating to much of it and it made me worry lol but he spent a lot of his time in there napping. :D

i was wondering if this wud be okay for him id go with a cardboard box but i know hes eat it :lol:

http://www.therange.co.uk/corner-loo-with-filter-door-and-scoop/cats/the-range/fcp-product/16419

obviously i wont be using it as a litter tray i just thought it wud be good to keep his quilts in and to put loads of hay in there with him every so often. i like how its got a falp on it and i wud like to get him use to a cat flap seen as his cage will have one put on when i get enought money to do it.

Bit expensive for waht you want to do with it, thats the price of a vaccination ;)

I'd go with a strongly corrugated cardboard box, or perhaps a different type of box. Crisp boxes make good bunny boxes filled with fleece/hay.

Another box you can use is a storage box, get one of the big ones (~£5.99 from the range) and cut a hole in the side, leaving the lid on, but just tape round the sharp edges with gaffa tape, fill with fleece/hay and its good to go. I did this for Biccy.

Bit expensive for waht you want to do with it, thats the price of a vaccination ;)

I'd go with a strongly corrugated cardboard box, or perhaps a different type of box. Crisp boxes make good bunny boxes filled with fleece/hay.

Another box you can use is a storage box, get one of the big ones (~£5.99 from the range) and cut a hole in the side, leaving the lid on, but just tape round the sharp edges with gaffa tape, fill with fleece/hay and its good to go. I did this for Biccy.

i like the secound option, i might try that. but wudnt it be hard to make a whole in it? wud i be able to do it with a stanley knife?

i think we have a crips box down stairs which wud do for now for him and hed be pleased with it wud give him something to throw around :roll: :D

i like the secound option, i might try that. but wudnt it be hard to make a whole in it? wud i be able to do it with a stanley knife?

i think we have a crips box down stairs which wud do for now for him and hed be pleased with it wud give him something to throw around :roll: :D

I used a kitchen knife, so a stanley knife would be better (why don't i ever have one when i want one?)

ive become addicted to the range shop since it opened but i never have any money :lol::) just as well lol if i did id have none :)

I used a kitchen knife, so a stanley knife would be better (why don't i ever have one when i want one?)

lol i tend to keep breaking my moms thats why shes annoyed with me now :lol: ive managed to destroy 3 blades already these past couple of months :oops: its a good things shes not making me pay for them :)

I used to half-fill an old hot water bottle with warm (not kettle-boiled) water and wrapped it in a towel for my buns during the worst winters. Not as sturdy as a snugglesafe, but they didn't make those then, and nobun managed to destroy it.

:wave:

I used to half-fill an old hot water bottle with warm (not kettle-boiled) water and wrapped it in a towel for my buns during the worst winters. Not as sturdy as a snugglesafe, but they didn't make those then, and nobun managed to destroy it.

:wave:

i wud give it a go but i know him to well. hed be determind to destroy it and he wudnt stop until he did. i know he doesnt do it to bug me and that it is for other reasons that i may not understand :lol: even now as we speak hes throwing a tantrum because ive moved his blankets into a box :lol: i dont know why but hes obsessed with making sure that every quilt is flat :roll: he even does it to my bed sheets when he comes out to explore :)

i wud give it a go but i know him to well. hed be determind to destroy it and he wudnt stop until he did. i know he doesnt do it to bug me and that it is for other reasons that i may not understand :lol: even now as we speak hes throwing a tantrum because ive moved his blankets into a box :lol: i dont know why but hes obsessed with making sure that every quilt is flat :roll: he even does it to my bed sheets when he comes out to explore :)

:lol: silly bunneh! Don't worry, it's normal. You should also no better than to mess with his special system...;) Every time mine had their hutches cleaned, they'd spend AGES pushing the hay around to make sure it was perfect! :D

:lol: silly bunneh! Don't worry, it's normal. You should also no better than to mess with his special system...;) Every time mine had their hutches cleaned, they'd spend AGES pushing the hay around to make sure it was perfect! :D

i know hes very protective of his quilts i think he understands that the dog crate is his own little space and that its his to do wat he wants with it so he helps to keep it clean by going to the toilet properly although, he still has a problem with missing the litter tray :roll: but hes working on it :lol:.

hes still getting use to the rest of my bedroom. hes having trouble with the changes even though there is more room for him to run around. hes still chewing carpets and trying to eat my walls. he did use to be let out all day everyday but now he only comes out for an hour or 2 before he causes or makes some kind of mayhem :lol: but hes getting better at it and imgoing around covering his favorite chewing places with lino which seems to help.

ive found out that he prefers to do a lot of jumping that why my bed doesnt have any stairs for him or a ramp he prefers to just jump up on his own, although once he gets older hes going to need a ramp if he likes it or not :lol:

hes so stubborn :D

Back