• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'special'buns thread

lucy24

Mama Doe
lets see all those extra special bunnies out there with various health issues or other problems. they deserve some fuss me thinks!:wave:

Ginger;

IMG_3039Small.jpg

of course Ginger!-i did this with her in mind as i know theres so many with problems:(

that is such a great pic too!

of course Ginger!-i did this with her in mind as i know theres so many with problems:(

You wouldn't know to look at her, but she does really well and there are so many bunnies worse off than her.

Ginger is Sky-O's Wish/Flame's little sister from a later litter.

This is Lola - she's 5 years old now , she has severe dental disease - and has only one molar on the whole right side of her mouth :(. She's currently undergoing a course of antibiotics as she's got a new URTI, as well as the usual nebulising.

Anywhoo Merry Christmasfrom my baby girl!
SDC13647.jpg

Hopscotch has been battling an abscess in his nasal cavity since January! He is my brave little soldier :love: You wouldn't know anything was wrong with him when he's not sneezing away. He's with the vet for the day again for a nose flush as I type!

7ca01764.jpg

Well, no thread of this kind should be without these 2 babies of mine.
At almost 3 years old,lucky to be alive as I rescued them from certain "despatchment", they have spinal issues,Lily having the most disabilities,including teeth and chronic snuffles.
Weighing in at just over 500 grams,shes currently struggling and we need all the positive thoughts we can get.

8d29d5ac.jpg

No health problems
But here are pics of my beautiful evil bun Calel:lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7424735@N05/sets/72157600407683364/show/

I got him in July 2006 - he was to be put to sleep because of serious aggression
In Aug 2006 he bit through my right wrist, nicking the artery & nerves, causing permanent damage - my thumb still tingles & I cant feel anything on the top. The blood stains on the ceiling have recently been painted over:lol:

He's got me (well, my padded coat!) a few times since then. He has rage issues, but I for one can relate to that:D It's like he gets so angry & doesn't know how to react any other way:love:

Muesli - he has urinary incontinence (and excessive thirst) with some kind of hind leg muscle problem (possibly arthritis).

GardenandBunniesSeptember2011015.jpg

Kenco - my gorgeous boy Kenco who has EC-related urinary incontinence and maloccluded teeth.

May2011092.jpg

Starbuck - my little stray deaf boy, who is also a dental bunny and suffers a lot with blocked tear ducts/runny eyes.

BunsMarch2011027.jpg

My Inca.....she was taken in as an RSPCA case cos she had what looked like Chemical burns up her back.

She has no tail, deformed back end, deformed genitals, arthritis in her hips, curved spine, signs of slipped discs in her back, her foot turns in under her so she slips quite often and falls to the side, high kidney tests on last check, numerous abscesses......god only knows what is going on with her inside.......She also got herself through a bad spell of EC / hind leg weakness. To be honest i am sure that i have forgotten something from that list!!

She is on daily Metacam, Glucosamine and often has to get injectible antibotics. She has monthly Acupuncture.

BUT....she is my wee girl and is a total happy mummies bunny :)

_MG_2189.jpg

My Inca.....she was taken in as an RSPCA case cos she had what looked like Chemical burns up her back.

She has no tail, deformed back end, deformed genitals, arthritis in her hips, curved spine, signs of slipped discs in her back, her foot turns in under her so she slips quite often and falls to the side, high kidney tests on last check, numerous abscesses......god only knows what is going on with her inside.......She also got herself through a bad spell of EC / hind leg weakness. To be honest i am sure that i have forgotten something from that list!!

She is on daily Metacam, Glucosamine and often has to get injectible antibotics. She has monthly Acupuncture.

BUT....she is my wee girl and is a total happy mummies bunny :)

_MG_2189.jpg

That is just so sad. Poor girl. She is gorgeous! And copes with a lot, what a brave gorgeous bunny xx

Hello, I'm Louie! :wave:

I am blind and have been from birth but it doesn't stop me living life to the full :D

Picture138.jpg

Mae, my gummy bunny. Mae has no front teeth :wave: When Tracy from RNGP took her in she was lactating (despite never being pregnant :shock: )

Since having Mae she has had a serious case of bloat. She didnt poo for what must of been a week or longer, but my fighter pulled through :love:
Mae is also underweight (should be 1.3kg and at her smallest weighed 650g) she is slowly gaining weight again, but is probably never going to reach her ideal weight. We have no idea what is wrong with her, bloods showed nothing, but decided to leave the tests as she is happy. The thought was that she had cancer, but having survived this long and gained weight, it is unlikely.

057 by Georgina'sbunny's, on Flickr

A very tatty Herman says 'fank yoo' for the special thread. He has a lot of incurable problems including a lump in his tummy, but he's a happy boy (dispite the miserable face!) and loves his nom noms.

P1000897.jpg

I have lots of special needs buns, but didn't want to monopolize this thread with them all!

This Heather, she battled with Myxi this time last year and thankfully managed to pull through. It left her with a scarred nose and two damaged tearducts one of which has now ruptured during flushing. She is also a dental bunny and used to need dentals every 6weeks but we've managed to lengthen the time between these now :D The constant problem with her molars obviously don't do anything help with her gunky eyes :(

She's 6.5 now and it seems she may be developing slight arthritis, doens't stop her loving life though :love:
MoreRabbitsxx045-3.jpg

I know her problems are nothing compared to some others though, but I am so thankful that she is still with us :D:love:

Back