• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

now with a pic/UPDATE YOU learn new things every day

lucy24

Mama Doe
this is honeys nose today :?

SAM_4266.jpg

i have a vet appt tommorrow at 12.20 but what do you think? anyone seen this on there bunny? as said in previous threads, shes been on baytril for a week.no temp.chest fine. eating pooing fine.:?

also, she does seem to eat slower than charlie her husbun but im not sure whther he's just more greedy!:lol:

Last edited:
That's either a FB (Foreign body up the nose) or a RTI (Respiratory Tract Infection) at a first look. You may need a culture and sensitivity test by the vet to determine which anti-biotic to treat with.

Basically, your bun has a snotty nose but its up to your vet to find where its coming from.

That's either a FB (Foreign body up the nose) or a RTI (Respiratory Tract Infection) at a first look. You may need a culture and sensitivity test by the vet to determine which anti-biotic to treat with.

Basically, your bun has a snotty nose but its up to your vet to find where its coming from.

Great minds think alike (Sorry Gray you are probably affended to have your mind compaired to mine :lol:) Iwas just going to say the exact same thing.
Hope Honey gets on ok at the vets.

yeah i figured it was runny nose-but ive been orried it was her teeth.*paranoid*lol ah well have to wait and see.thankfully i'll be seing my rabbit savvy vet tommorow -i coulnt last week.

update

well been to vet. he said its one of 2 things-infection but not full blown yet as her lungs and stuff are clear. or shes having a reaction to the dust in the hay.:roll: shes on antibiotics in case but i also have to dip her daily hay in lukewarm water and let dry so dust comes off.:roll: such fun!!! also apparently even indoor buns need vitamin D from daylight-even in winter. on nice days in winter i can put them out for a bit to get their daily dose. its important for their teeth and bones. apparently it wont make them ill as long as you use common sense and dont place them directly in the snow or something. rabbits have a natural compost heap type ting in them which helps with tempature etc... hes a rabbit savvy vet so i trust what he said-and it all made sense. same with grass. if they have no grass at all, its not good as their are sand particles in grass that help wear down their teeth-its just as important than hay. anyway im finished with my essay :lol: :wave:

Back