• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Plan

Fayelou

Alpha Buck
I have just taken out insurance for Simba with Pet Plan.

Could anyone tell me if it covers vacinations and spays?

Can't find any info!

No, afraid not - these are really the owner's responsibility. I've had payments for Petplan twice, both for stasis episodes that required emergency vet treatment for Spenser.

I did think as much, but thought I would check. It is good they cover emergency fees and hopefully fees for any illnesses. How about general check ups, claw trims?

Hmmmm, can't decide if it's a waste of money or not now!

I have just claimed for £230 with Minky which the insurance is covering. 1 minute the healthiest little bun, next minute her eye looks a bit funny, then with blood tests and meds etc it has soon climbed. I wouldn't have been able to afford blood tests without insurance and the blood test have shown early kidney damage which means now I have caught it I can do something about it, plus she has to have her eye tested for glaucoma next week and then further blood tests a week later. I can see the amount building up. So I definitely think insurance is the way forward. My other bun Patch had a £1500 vet bill for a prolapsed rectum. You just have to think if you can afford to treat your bun if they get ill, as it can mount up pretty quickly!!

I've made two claims with petplan for emergency treatment, and they have paid out both times.....saved me about £300 so far, so for me definately worth it!

Back