• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Bambi :) aka, "Bunny" up the road. Now known as Leo! Pic Heavy!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
First off, pictures of us getting the hutch ready after 2 hours of cleaning it (was filthy)

PICT0014-1.jpg

PICT0015-1.jpg

James built a new run cover as the hinges has rusted off and the wood was useless.

PICT0016-2.jpg

We lino'd ^^

PICT0017-2.jpg

Finished!

PICT0019-1.jpg

And with added bunny!

PICT0021-2.jpg

PICT0022-1.jpg

PICT0023-1.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0027-2.jpg

PICT0028.jpg

PICT0029-2.jpg

PICT0030-2.jpg

PICT0031-1.jpg

We have his "shampoo" but it says to wash him in a mild shampoo before putting that on so I don't know what we have to do :? But in this picture it looks like it's bleeding a bit, or maybe sore :? :( His one eye looks sore too, just like Poppy's runny eye from her teeth.

PICT0034.jpg

New name is Leo! Now we need 2 more boy bunnies.. Seeing as there is my Donatello (Donny) and now James' Leonardo (Leo) ^^ Need a Raf and Mikey :lol:

Last edited:
Poor Bambi, that looks painful. He is gorgeous though, and I am sure he really appreciates being in a clean environment!

This is the thread I've been waiting for. :mrgreen:
Was the shampoo from the vets? Can you give them a ring and say it's bleeding etc and ask for advice? I don't know what the usual treatment for it is, but for normal mites it's usually a spot on treatment.

I can't wait for more pictures. :)

This is the thread I've been waiting for. :mrgreen:
Was the shampoo from the vets? Can you give them a ring and say it's bleeding etc and ask for advice? I don't know what the usual treatment for it is, but for normal mites it's usually a spot on treatment.

I can't wait for more pictures. :)

:D
Yeah it is :) It says to wash with a mild shampoo first but it's a big bottle so I have no idea :? but then again it is Oakfields and they are overly expensive and not very clear lol.. We don't need to wash him till Wednesday so we will ring before then :) tomorrow probably.

He is such a fuss monster.. :D I love him, and the fact that we can have him neutered :D and Poppy spayed.. and we can try bonding them :D He has some new toys but we are ordering some more next week :) he gets annoyed if you stop stroking him, he'll shove his head back under your hand and wait :lol:

:D
Yeah it is :) It says to wash with a mild shampoo first but it's a big bottle so I have no idea :? but then again it is Oakfields and they are overly expensive and not very clear lol.. We don't need to wash him till Wednesday so we will ring before then :) tomorrow probably.

He is such a fuss monster.. :D I love him, and the fact that we can have him neutered :D and Poppy spayed.. and we can try bonding them :D He has some new toys but we are ordering some more next week :) he gets annoyed if you stop stroking him, he'll shove his head back under your hand and wait :lol:

He sounds like Grim, and looks a lot like him too. :love:
Do you know how much he weighs?

He sounds like Grim, and looks a lot like him too. :love:
Do you know how much he weighs?

No idea, his next vets appointment is in about 10 days for his VHD and a check up so I'll get James to ask them to weigh him. He is very heavy from holding him in the carrier. He eats more food than hay though and his poops are small and black because he misses out the pellets with fiber, so when I get my rabbits their food on Tuesday I'm getting some SS for him and we are going to put one pellet in to start with for a few days and then increase really slowly, I don't want him to get nasty poops but he hasn't pooed yet :? or weed, so we are checking on him every hour. I think he's just a bit nervous about his new surroundings :)

Leo is gorgeous:love::love::love:

So lovely to know he is going to have a great life now. The hutch looks good now. Poor boy what an awful life he had before.

Leo is gorgeous:love::love::love:

So lovely to know he is going to have a great life now. The hutch looks good now. Poor boy what an awful life he had before.

:) They asked if we wanted the small hutch :? just in case we wanted to put him in it :roll: so we said yes, and we are going to clean it and change the rusty hinge, take the bigger door off, take the partition out and use it as a run shelter for when the weather is nicer next year so he can go outside :) at least they can't use it again then :)

Last edited:
he is gorgeus, and very lucky :love: love his name leo suits him

poor little guy with that sore, hope it soon heals

:) They asked if we wanted the small hutch :? just in case we wanted to put him in it :roll: so we said yes, and we are going to clean it and change the rusty hinge, take the bigger door off, take the partition out and use it as a run shelter for when the weather is nicer next year so he can go outside :) at least they can't use it again then :)

Great idea.

That was clever of you. They definately shouldn't be bothered getting any more animals if they have to also get a new hutch.

That was clever of you. They definately shouldn't be bothered getting any more animals if they have to also get a new hutch.

Hopefully :? They still have a ferret but she is quite old and her claws are curling around they are so long :( but they said once both rabbit and ferret were dead they wouldn't have anymore.. I just hope they stick to that! :rabbit2:

Hopefully :? They still have a ferret but she is quite old and her claws are curling around they are so long :( but they said once both rabbit and ferret were dead they wouldn't have anymore.. I just hope they stick to that! :rabbit2:

By the sounds of their lack of care, they probably will stick to it.

What a terrible attitude towards their pets. At least Leo is out of there and he won't have to think about them anymore.:)

By the sounds of their lack of care, they probably will stick to it.

What a terrible attitude towards their pets. At least Leo is out of there and he won't have to think about them anymore.:)

Indeed :D he is now part of an un-bonded quad of very spoilt bunnies :lol: but after Lola is spayed her and Donny will hopefully bond and when Leo and Poppy are done maybe they can find happiness with each other :lol: they are both very placid bunnies as opposed to the excitable outdoor duo :lol:

Last edited:
Yey! :D So glad you've got him! Well done for taking that nasty old hutch away from them! He has so much more space now :) He's gorgeous! :love: How could anyone get bored of him?! Hope his skin problem clears up soon. Sending lots of pooping vibes for Leo xx

Back