• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Santa

:wave: No :( I expect it won't come until tomorrow now. I'll be sure to update when it arrives, and on the verdict from the bunnies! How is it going down there?

It's arrived, and oh my goodness they love it :shock: Dudley made a bee line for the ings as soon as I opened the bag; then they both sat munching away as soon as I put some down for them :)

Being nosy. Is this a bale of hay ?

Whitehood have you got any yet ? Was not happy with so many pigeons in the barn of where I got my last lot. The barn had quite alot of poo and loads of feathers.

Sorry should have said, I mainly use a bale for bedding and the litter tray. Not sure how much 1.8 kilos is. A bale would be at least 20 plus kilos.

Yeah, the 1.8 doesnt last long.

We have the 10Kg bags here and it lasts ~3-4 weeks for 2 buns (who are incredibly good hay eaters)

Yeah, the 1.8 doesnt last long.

We have the 10Kg bags here and it lasts ~3-4 weeks for 2 buns (who are incredibly good hay eaters)

£16.00 isn't bad for 10 kilos but as bedding it would only last a few weeks, where as the bale lasts a few months. I rarely see Cutie-pie eat hay but Mr Bennett is a good hay eater. I have been ordering readi-grass and green oat hay from The Hays Experts and give it too the chinchillas as well.

I might ask Jane where she gets her bales from as she is quite near us.

The meadow hay is stalky, the ings hay is very soft and fluffy, very different. They're both very green and delicious smelling, though!

Here's a short video of the little monsters sampling it for the first time :love:

The meadow hay is stalky, the ings hay is very soft and fluffy, very different. They're both very green and delicious smelling, though!

Here's a short video of the little monsters sampling it for the first time :love:

My meadow is more like grass this bag, but is going down well :) It smells gorgeous!

Love the nomming!

Maybe I've got it the wrong way round then, maybe it's the Ings that is stalky and the meadow that is soft and fluffy :lol::lol::oops:

Maybe I've got it the wrong way round then, maybe it's the Ings that is stalky and the meadow that is soft and fluffy :lol::lol::oops:

Ings;

P1040036Small.jpg

Meadow;

P1040037Small.jpg

Timothy;

P1040035Small.jpg

These are their sample bags, when i first tried them, but they kinda show the differences, if that helps?

Normally ings is VERY stalky and the meadow is soft and grassy like?

Hmmm...interesting, I might well have got it the wrong way round, then :oops: I've emailed them to ask which was which

The green soft one seems to have lots of flowers and other various bits in it, hence I thought it was the ings because the website talks about the ings having lots of meadowy flowers and stuff in it. But it looks as if I'm wrong...in which case, Dudley just LOVES the meadow hay :lol::lol:

See :love: He couldn't wait to sample it when I first took it in their pen

Hmmm...interesting, I might well have got it the wrong way round, then :oops: I've emailed them to ask which was which

The green soft one seems to have lots of flowers and other various bits in it, hence I thought it was the ings because the website talks about the ings having lots of meadowy flowers and stuff in it. But it looks as if I'm wrong...in which case, Dudley just LOVES the meadow hay :lol::lol:

So cute :love:

That is 100% meadow hay from H4P :love: Mine has dandies and other little flowers in it :D

Ings tends to jsut have the hay and a few leaves in it :lol:

Back