• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advice from previous hutch builders please!

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
Ok - I'm going to make a hutch.

I'm ludicrously excited about it! Haven't got the first idea about anything like this but luckily I know someone who does and has all the tools and electrical things to do it and they kindly said they'd help me! :) yay!

BUT what sort of wood do I use? Treated or untreated etc. I need to know because I don't want to do all of this and then accidentally poison the rabbits :roll:

Ok - I'm going to make a hutch.

I'm ludicrously excited about it! Haven't got the first idea about anything like this but luckily I know someone who does and has all the tools and electrical things to do it and they kindly said they'd help me! :) yay!

BUT what sort of wood do I use? Treated or untreated etc. I need to know because I don't want to do all of this and then accidentally poison the rabbits :roll:

Untreated Redwood Timber PAR (do not buy sawn timber), you then need to buy pet safe treatment and go to a timber yard rather than Wickes or B&Q unless you want to spend twice the amount.

Back