• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

teeth!!!

lucy24

Mama Doe
ok so honey has been given baytril for 5 days for a runny nose but it hasnt helped and today when she was eating she kept sneezing on and off. could this just be dusty hay? anyway i would like to know any symtoms of teeth probs to look for,as im a bit worried its that. her symtom are very similar to Shellys post about her bun with a tooth absess. can rabbits have a wet nose for no reason? anything i can physically check on her?

Teeth and snuffles funnily enough are linked.Is it incisors or cheek teeth that the vet has looked at??
My Lily has her incisors burred every 4 or 5 weeks.She also has snuffles and has baytril on a frequent basis but she has lots of lung problems.

Are your bunnies paws wet too where she wipes her face?? Youve noticed a nasal discharge?? I usually have baytril for 10 days for Lily...a 0.6 dose given once a day.It does help her......but like I said she has a chronic problem.
It does sound like snuffles to me.But then,she may have something up her nose as it is possible.Just observe.Your vet wouldnmt give baytril for no reason.Perhaps she needs another abx like septrin.There are different strains of it for want of a better word.

the vet didnt look at her teeth at all:? i couldnt see my rabbit savvy one that day sadly i will next time though. her paws seem ok but i will check again(if i can keep her still!!!). she has 0.9mls for 5 days of the baytril. i must admit it seemed to improve the wetness on her nose abit but has gone runny again the day after i stopped using it. the vet i did see said her chest and weight were fine but put honey on baytrila as a precautiionary measure. the discharge is clear and not that thick. iys definitely there though.

i had a look at her and i thought i could see one side of her face a little swollen/roounder than the either-but i think im just paranoid!:roll:

Back