• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Straw in box or on hutch floor?

Beau Belle

Mama Doe
I'm not sure wether it's better to keep straw for the outside bedroom (hutch) in a big box, or on the hutch floor?
At the moment the straw is in a big box, with a blanket at the back, and a soft sheet/fleece pet blanket in front, in case they prefer to lie on that. I also put snugglesafes under the top layer of hay/straw at night.

What do you do? Straw in a big box, or on the floor? I suppose I could get a lot more straw in, if I put it directly on the hutch floor. Would bunnies prefer that? :roll:

I put a layer of straw on the floor and then give them a snuggle box as well. Mine tend to push all the straw out of their way though!

I put a layer of straw on the floor and then give them a snuggle box as well. Mine tend to push all the straw out of their way though!

:D

I put a layer of straw on the bedroom floor last night and then lots of hay ontop and they seemed nice and snuggly last night...i put a snugglesafe in last night too :)

Back