• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

have had to split the 'babies'

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
:(

after my other post . . Eglantine continued to pick on Woodruff - and Woodfruff continued to win the fights and take chunks out of Eglantines long ears - and today we finally had to split them - so sad - not there are 5 babies in the group and Woodfruff is on her own.

At first we took Eglantine out but Woodruff was then chased by one of the other girls - so we guessed that she is giving off a 'bully me' or a 'challange' vibe (we will prbably have her health checked in case there is a physical cause); so we took her out and put Eglantine back in and the group immediately settled as a 5.

Woodruff is in a large dog crate in the sitting room (a quiet room) for the night. Raspberry is also in here recovering from his castration - he is a very small nethie (c900gms) she is a cross giant - c3.5 kilos at 6 months and still growing . . . Raspberries eyes are on stalks!!!!

Now we have to decide what to do with Woodruff - we do have a group of 3 males together which might take a female.

I am sorry, what a hard thing to have to do. How old are the babies now? Will you try again or try and get Woodruff in with another group?

I'm sorry it's come to this, but you did the right thing, even if it wasn't what you truly wanted. I hope that you manage to get her bonded with somebunnies and also that she is healthy and just wasn't working with that particular group.

it is very sad - it was lovely knowing all 6 had been together since birth - they are 7 months old now (all neutered) but this bickering between Woodruff and Eglantine has been on and off since just before they were all spayed and has got more and more serious.

Woodruff actually seems very sleepy and happy and relaxed here tonight so we are guessing she has been harrassed for a while . . .

we will give her a few days (and the remaining 5 a few days) to ensure that they will settle as they are and that Woodruff was the 'problem' and then think of introducing her to the 3 male group we have. We have examined her and she has some scabs including a big one on her face that we knew about - but no other obvious physical problems.

This will leave 5 babies together - 2 males and 3 females, including Eglantine as dominent girl (and overall head bun).

it is very sad - it was lovely knowing all 6 had been together since birth - they are 7 months old now (all neutered) but this bickering between Woodruff and Eglantine has been on and off since just before they were all spayed and has got more and more serious.

Woodruff actually seems very sleepy and happy and relaxed here tonight so we are guessing she has been harrassed for a while . . .

we will give her a few days (and the remaining 5 a few days) to ensure that they will settle as they are and that Woodruff was the 'problem' and then think of introducing her to the 3 male group we have. We have examined her and she has some scabs including a big one on her face that we knew about - but no other obvious physical problems.

This will leave 5 babies together - 2 males and 3 females, including Eglantine as dominent girl (and overall head bun).

I hope the remaining babies will settle now and become a firmly bonded group. I wonder if the noise of fireworks might have brought it to a head.

Poor Woodruff, it does sound as though she was bottom of the heap and will be happy to be out of the group. I hope she finds her place among the boys, what a position to be in! I find t hard enough keeping one happy.:lol:

Oh no! I'm sprey you had to split them! :(

As for Woodruff, can I come over for tea (..... Whilst wearing a coat with giant pockets?! ;))

Back