• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playground for small furries - instructions

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Thought this might be of interest for those of you who have the kind of small furries that like to sprint and climb :)

I made this for my chinchillas out of planks and flowerpots - it means I can reconfigure their cage constantly without the faff of removing and reattaching permanent shelves. I bring it out into the kitchen when they're having exercise time too.

The planks are bolted into small bits of wood inside the flowerpots, for stability (see pics). I wouldn't recommend stacking it more than two levels high but as long as you stick the that, it's very sturdy.

042-1.jpg

041-2.jpg

040-1.jpg

039-2.jpg

038.jpg

037-1.jpg

Now I just need to make twelvety more, so I can create huge labyrinths :lol:

I'm not sure if it would stand up to rabbit usage - but a good alternative is to get a lot of those little 4 legged plastic stools, and arrange them in different ways with multiple levels etc :)

(Unless of course you have delicate little bunnies - mine are big chunky oafs :lol: )

Back