• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunnies are all wrapped up and ready for this evening

Me and Daughter just had some sparklers in the back garden and Louie came outside with us!

He didn't seem to mind the bangs which really surprised me!

All the bunnies that go in separate garden runs were put in at 5 rather than the usual 7pm, The shed with the hutches in is already shut and the bunny room window is shut rather than on vent, but thats all :)

I've just rounded my ten up and put them in the kitchen with all radiators off, lots of fans set up to keep them cool and lots of noms.

Mine didn't seem bothered! I got in and cleaned them out at about half 4, maybe 5 - there were a few bangs then but they didn't react, just carried on munching hay. I then opened the door to the hutch back up, gave them their pellets and shut them in for the night early, and they ignored a few really noisy ones quite happily.

There's been no thumping or racing around, I would be willing to bet that they are squished on top of their bed together upstairs, a popular spot :)

Mine are indoors so nothing to change, there are some going off right outside our flat at the moment and Lola is sitting on the window sill watching them :lol:

Mine were in from their runs before it was dark and rather than scattering tea in the attached runs I have put it in their sleeping areas along with loads of fresh hay to enncurage them in there.

Gave them more hay/straw than usual. Closed shed window. Made sure they were in nice and early. Gave them some extra greens which they shouldn't really have had. :oops: One sat in the run periscoping up to see where the noise was coming from,:roll: then sat and washed her face but did stop and put up her ears when the bangs got louder. The other 2 were in the shed, one chomping on the greens,:D the other one hiding under the hutch:(. Neighbour having fireworks tomorrow night. Was looking forward to being able to relax tomorrow too:lol:

The trio are very much used to noise and bright lights and have each other so no haven't done anything for them

Baby and Rory have been out for a jumping practice today and there were kids with drums which I guess have prepared them a bit :roll: They've also got each other (first night together), and their hutch is right up to the french doors and the light is on outside so they can't see any bright flashes. They're used to noise anyway.

The runs are all locked up and extra oxbow timothy hay which is their favourite not that they seem fussed by the fireworks. One of my frenchies was led on his shelf looking out the window chomping on his hay

Muffin on the other hand is scared stiff and is clinging to me so we've made a cardboard box playground with hidden veg and hay selections which seems to be working

I don't do anything different with mine as I think change unsettles them more. We have loads of fireworks going off here and they still went crazy for their pellets when I went out to them. All wolfed their supper down. :D

Back