• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its started!

megansmummy

Mama Doe
The sun is setting and fireworks are going off everywhere! It's the big town display tonight too and we live about 5 mins from the park where its being held! I have just shut daisy and poppy into their hutch with lots of hay, a bowl of herbs and hope they will be ok :( I have covered them up with the hutch cover already which doesnt normally go on till about 10pm! Poor bunnies! Hope everyone has a safe bonfire night!! X

Bl:evil:dy hate them. Poppy doesnt seem worried, thank god, but one of my dogs is doing his nut and the poor feller has hours ahead of him:oops::evil:

Personally I would like to ban them all:censored:

:wave: have you got a snugglesafe? You could pop one of those in & leave the cover up as it's still early.

I agree hope everyones buns will be safe & un phased by the chaos - organised displays only is the way forward I say!

Ours started when it was still daylight!! Not sure why!

My two don't seem bothered at the moment. Although the fireworks aren't that close at the moment. Am unsure as to what the neighbours' plans are. Hoping they don't all suddenly have a massive firework party.

I'd leave the cover down as it'll block some sound and the lights too. I put the cover over my girls' hutch at dusk all the time.

:wave: have you got a snugglesafe? You could pop one of those in & leave the cover up as it's still early.
Yep they both have snugglesafes but I was hoping to block some of the noise/smells out :)

I'd leave the cover down as it'll block some sound and the lights too. I put the cover over my girls' hutch at dusk all the time.
Yep thats what I was thinking :)

They seem fine, I have just been out and checked on them and they are both huddled together on the top landing and not hiding in the bedroom so thats good :) Im going out shortly with their bedtime apple sticks and its freezing here tonight so im going to put a snugglesafe in for them :) I re-did their bedroom today too and took the litter tray out and just filled the bedroom with bedding so they can snuggle in it tonight :love:

I caved in and brought our 2 girls into the house :shock: only in the utility mind you and turned off the radiator, put a thick dust sheet on the floor and brought in 2 toys and litter tray. They were quite unfazed by it last night - and some of the bombs (coz that's what they are) were really LOUD and close. However, tonight the house almost backing onto ours had a few go off and some of the spent fireworks ended up in our back garden - within 2ft of where my son and I were standing and it was still glowing red hot :shock:. We retreated quickly into the house as didn't want any on our heads! I was about to put the buns back outside too :roll: Glad I didn't though as they were exploding directly over our garden (well, a couple did anyway) and I was a bit wary of more spent, hot bits landing on the shed roof :? :shock: They are back in their hutch now though :) and it's gone fairly quiet thank goodness.

Just been out to check on mine, and they seem fine. Sitting out in the open area and had some pellets easily (as treats :oops:). Had some loud fireworks, some so loud they hurt my ears, let alone more sensitive rabbit ears. :evil:

Back