• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 males and a female living together? is it possible?

ferretfreak4

Warren Scout
Hi, i am wondering if it is possible to bond 2 males and a female all neutered?

I have a 4 1/2 year old intact male living alone, and a bonded pair, neutered male of unknown age and soon to be spayed girl around a year and a half. Would it be possible to bond them all successfully once all neutered?

I have a male male female trio who are all bonded and have been since April 2008. I'd urge you to read the sticky at the top of the forum about Trios. I wrote it with threads like this in mind :)

Essentiallyy though it depends on the personalities of the bunnies, but yes it can theoretically work.

Having read your sticky, i think i am definately going to give it a go as they are all mellow buns and have lived in close proximity of each other for a while and have never shown any aggression towards each other

I will remember to look at the sticky's first next time, they are very useful :D

The fact you already have them all really means you have nothing to lose, because if they don't bond, then you don't have to worry about what to do so can keep them as they were, it's just a case of making sure your original two don't divorce or switch allegiance.

I would wait until at least 6-8 weeks after both your girl and single boy have been spayed/neutered and then see what happens :)

Glad the sticky ws useful :)

yes, i was planning on waiting at least 6 weeks just incase the ops didn't go well

and yes, the sticky is very usefull

Back