• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mittens is acting odd :( UD its me!! p12

kaths101

Warren Veteran
My little mitty moo is behaving strangly today, i went out with their veggies this morning, she wanted to eat but wouldnt go to the bowl. she ran up to it and then turned and scarpered back :?

Wonder what happened, I got some out of the bowl and gave her some seperately in the shed where she was hiding and she scoffed it down.

Wonder if she had a fight with the other buns in the night? and wont go near them. I hope not :cry:

I dont think it was the fireworks, we did have a big display over the road last night but I was outside with them and fed them their pellets after and she ate from the bowl then and they all seemed calm enough!

Shes still hiding in the shed now and the other 3 are in the run :?

Last edited:
They could have argued after you fed them or something could have scared them. I would check she has no injuries and keep an eye that she continues to eat normally.

Are her poos normal?

there are no injuries as far as I can tell, she hates being examined so I have had a quick look and feel.
Hard to tell with poos as she is in with the other 3, I need to clear the shed where she is sitting and see. She seemed to be eating fine, it was like she was scared to go near the others :cry:

How are the others behaving with her and with eachother?

It sounds as though shes been spooked by something. Mimi did a very similar thing once because the lamp shade in my bedroom fell off. She hid behind the sofa for atleast 2 days and was even scared of Timmy when he approached her :shock:

It was all very odd but she soon settled back to normal :wave:

Snuggles for Mittens xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:wave: hope she perks up could be a combination of things Ive started putting a snugglesafe out now for each pair as it gets dark for comfort when the fireworks start.

This happened with Daisy a few weeks ago! I feed them dinner the minute I get in from work but when I got home she didn't come running to see me and was hiding in a box! She didn't come out when the food arrived which is shocking for Daisy!! She was quite happy for me to hand feed her her share in the box then after a while she reappeared and was completely normal?! I hope Mittens is ok and back to normal asap!

I have this with Timmy sometimes, it actually happened this morning. It was because Pickle was in a grump and kept chasing him. I noticed some of Timmy's fur on the carpet when I walked in and when I brought in their food he didn't want to come to the bowl, but would eat from my hand. He's fine now though, the two if them are back to being best of friends. Just every so often Pickle feels the need to reassert his authority :roll:

Hope Mittens is happier now :)

Its me!

thank you well I have been keeping an eye on her and watching from a distance from the window to see how she is with the others! ... shes fine.

Just been out to give them their pellets and she did exactly the same thing! While I stood there she would not come to the bowl :? She ran to it, grabbed a pellet and ran into the shed, ate it - came back for another.
Ive come inside and watched from the window and a few minutes later she emerged and ate happily from the bowl!

I wonder why shes scared of me :(

She might be a bit unsettled because you have a whole new routine with the baby... I'm sure she'll calm down :)
The fireworks have probably made it a bit worse too

I think it must be the fireworks thats the only thing thats different - but why associate them with me? Baby is 10 weeks old now so shouldnt have any affect.
We had a big display last night so I thought that was it but no they have started again tonight :evil: She doesnt react to them though..very strange

Back