• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help...feel really drained....:-(

I have encountered every rescue under the sun:

• The ones that never get back to you...
  • the ones that live miles away...(how the heck am I supposed to do a bond with them)
  • The ones that only have bonded pairs,
  • the ones with only Bucks no does...
  • the ones that sound downright dodgy rescues and was eating on the phone to me,
  • the ones who was suspicious over me being a rabbit lover:-(

& vile gumtree....god...revolting replies to my email....god the actual adverts are even worse...see below

"Shes not vaccined or sprayed she had babies twice 1st time 6 babies
2nd time 7 babies but she is good housewife if you want to meet her with your rabbit call me if you are interested "

"No she is not vaccinated or spayed. We've only had her for a few months she is a lovely rabbit. She is in need of a new loving home due to the birth of our baby we unfortunately don't have the time to give her all the attention she needs. Her name is Sherry."

Surely whilst contacting rescues you can't have had all bad experiences?

Maybe it's a case of stopping looking for a friend and the right friend will turn up?

hey :wave: Im just down the road from you in Egham. Have you tried ARC Twickenham - sorry if you have and they werent able to help, Domino was an ARC bun x

There are several resuces on here who rehome nationally and will arrange transport for rabbits to get to far away homes - BARCS for one, also Rabbit and Guinea Pig Welfare in Rugby :)

Have you tried responding to some of the threads in the Rabbits in Need section?

Oh that's where I volunteer lol...how is Domino getting on?xx

oops! :oops: small world hey!:lol: yeh he is absolutely great thank you. Really settled in and enjoying life with Jessica here he is looking beautiful! Sorry wont hijack your post anymore :) xx

107-1.jpg

oops! :oops: small world hey!:lol: yeh he is absolutely great thank you. Really settled in and enjoying life with Jessica here he is looking beautiful! Sorry wont hijack your post anymore :) xx

107-1.jpg
there is so many gorgeous boys, just no girls:-( and domino looks really cheeky in his picxx

I am sure ARC will get a girl bunny in again, you just need to be patient. Have you asked them? They bond bunnies, too. What kind of accommodation do you have? Would you pass a homecheck? If you know what your local rescues expect in regards to hutch/shed/indoor setup, then you can adjust yours (if necessary) and then go on a waiting list for incoming girl bunnies. :)

We still have Binky available if you're interested? I know what you mean about it being a very long journey just to attempt a bond though. Plus, we can't really afford to keep paying Binky's vets fees after she is rehomed.

Good luck with your search :)

Back