• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My foster buns love to chew!

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
The morning after..

2011-11-04%25252018.14.48.jpg

...the night before.

2011-11-03%25252017.30.02.jpg

:lol: I have recommended that they don't go to be house rabbits! It would take my rabbits weeks to chew that much off a basket, just as well I bought it specifically for them to try and stop them chewing the hutch!

:lol::lol: they have challenged me since the day they arrived in April. I hoped it would calm down when they were spayed but it seems this is just their nature! I didnt mind the hutch too much because i can replace the bits of wood they like to chew on most. But then they started on the tongue and groove on the flat side! I have to check every night that they haven't made it out!

Here is Sky trying to get through a branch all on her own!

SkyStick.JPG

:lol::lol: they have challenged me since the day they arrived in April. I hoped it would calm down when they were spayed but it seems this is just their nature! I didnt mind the hutch too much because i can replace the bits of wood they like to chew on most. But then they started on the tongue and groove on the flat side! I have to check every night that they haven't made it out!

Here is Sky trying to get through a branch all on her own!

SkyStick.JPG

Bunny carpentry skills at work. :shock: They are otherwise such genteel and dainty girls, and it's lovely to see the way they interact (with each other, not the wood of their hutch!).

Bunny carpentry skills at work. :shock: They are otherwise such genteel and dainty girls, and it's lovely to see the way they interact (with each other, not the wood of their hutch!).

They are the loveliest of rabbits and they have come on so much in their time here. I hadn't really noticed just how much easier they are to handle till you pointed it out. Thankfully they have never even given me so much as a warning nip! Imagine the damage they'd do!:shock:

Ali I just love this pair I cant beleave they havn't found a forever home yet :(

I know, it's so sad. People just can't see past their looks and colour. I have made pr videos for them showing them being cute, handleable and entertaining as well as writing blogs, Facebook postings etc. The only person to see them for who they are and ask about them was Parsnipbun and unfortunately circumstances are wrong for her to take them. One day, hopefully before my hutch is reduced to wood chips, they will find their own home.

Awww chewy bunnies!

When I first got Louie I bought him a large willow ball, it was as big as him.

Finally, 2 years later, he has finally destroyed it and I had to buy a new one yesterday!

Wow, Louie, why can't these girls chew like you?

I am thinking of planting willow in the garden to have a steady supply.

Back