• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moodiness

o-Chloe-o

Mama Doe
Hi everyone

Jessica (she is spayed) has been quite moody lately, being quite pushy in general and last night when she and Domino were running around the living room, my OH tried to shoo her away as she was tearing up the carpet and she turned round and bit him on the hand. It was quite a deep bite, it bled for ages :( I was really surprised she has never done that before, and the OH was a bit upset too. She has given the odd nip every now and then - her favourite is to nip my bottom when Im sitting on the floor :lol: but this time it seemed quite viscious, does anyone have any ideas??:? xx

Has she had a vet check recently? Has Domino?

Has anything changed in her world? Any additions to the house? Any changes in what you guys might smell of (like dogs or cats that weren't previously around?)

Has she had a vet check recently? Has Domino?

Has anything changed in her world? Any additions to the house? Any changes in what you guys might smell of (like dogs or cats that weren't previously around?)

Domino only joined us in September, he had a vet check around then, but Jessica hasnt been for quite a while. I havent noticed any other changes in her apart from this pushiness all of a sudden. Nothings changed in the house... We have a cat but she has always been here, and she stays well out they way of the bunnies as she is scared of them... :?

Domino only joined us in September, he had a vet check around then, but Jessica hasnt been for quite a while. I havent noticed any other changes in her apart from this pushiness all of a sudden. Nothings changed in the house... We have a cat but she has always been here, and she stays well out they way of the bunnies as she is scared of them... :?
That has made me think though, my OH was at his parents and they have a cat... could that be it???

When did her and Domino bond?
About middle of september she and Domino were bonded at a rescue foster home for 4 days and then we continued it for a couple of weeks in a restricted space at home, never been any aggressiveness between them, just a bit of mounting by jessica every now and then...

I would reckon that maybe this is related to the bonding, and them starting to really settle down and feel comfortable. If she is boss bunny, then she might be warning you to back off.

I would suggest a full vet check for both though because she might be acting differently if something is not right either with her health or his health.

I would reckon that maybe this is related to the bonding, and them starting to really settle down and feel comfortable. If she is boss bunny, then she might be warning you to back off.

I would suggest a full vet check for both though because she might be acting differently if something is not right either with her health or his health.

Thanks for your help, I need to take them in for a bit of nail clipping anyway so will get an appointment sorted. She does seem to be the boss it was just so unusual for her to bite so hard xx

Back