• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run advice and sizing

Daniel

Alpha Buck
What size should a run be?
I’ve read different sizes so no idea which is the best.

I am now looking at building a run to connect to the hutch via a tunnel and I was looking at making it modular so we can add to it but it makes the roof an issues so not sure if it’s best to make it modular.

The largest you can fit in your garden. The largest I can have is 7ft x 5ft so that is the size run I have. Some people can have a 12ft x 10ft run so they have that size.

We have a 5x4x2 run permenantly attatched to the hutch (which is double decker) and both are on slabs, then we have a 6x4x2 ft run on the grass :) when we move the girls into the shed they will have prem access to both :)

Last edited:
The minimum size is now 8ft x 4ft but bigger is always better. :) The height of the run should be at least 2ft but i think 3ft or higher is better because you can add in levels and there more space for the bunnies to jump high. :D

mine have a 6ft x 4ft run permanently attached to their hutch.
They have a separate metal fold up 6ft x 4ft run for the grass. They dont get to use it often as it takes up most of my garden! I dont know if they would prefer a smaller one that they could go in more often.

ETA: I see my 2 binky several times a day in their attached run.

Last edited:
Yes I would go with the biggest possible big is beautiful in terms of rabbit runs deffo. Minimum would be 6x4 but they need an extension or chance to run around properly if they only have 6x4 as a run it's not really big enough to sprint & binky.

Definately the biggest you can fit into your garden!! :) Mine used to have 10ft x 8ft plus up a couple of steps to 16ft x 4ft. I am very lucky as I have a good sized garden. I have moved them into the summer house for the winter but am wondering if it would be better to keep them outside now as they had so much space to run around....

Back