• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits sense favortism?

rachylou

Warren Veteran
As the title says.
Dont get me wrong I love both my fur babies so much it scares me but Jimby and I do share a special bond, he rescued me from a very dark place and we have became bonded partners, he is my solebun and I love him more than words can say, dont get me wrong I love Cookie to pieces and would be heartbrokenly devestated if anything were to happen to her but if I were to loose Jimby I honestly dont think I could cope.

I try not to 'show' the favortism but I am anxious Cookie may feel it and the last thing I want to do is upset my little girl.

I think they can sense it, but not in the way we might. If in a bonded pair our 'favorite' is the dominant Rabbit then there should not be too much of an issue. If our 'favorite' is the submissive partner then the Dominant Bun may continue to affirm his/her 'superiority' if we openly express out feelings towards the submissive Bun. Things like nipping, chasing or excessive humping of the submissive Rabbit.

We need to behave as the hierachy of the bond dictates, always acknowledging the dominant Rabbit first.

Back