• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding

Alicia

Mama Doe
I'm doing work experience at a cattery in January, and I went to look round today and it was great, the lady also told me that they do rabbit and guinea-pig boarding, and we did walk past the hutches but they were all covered with blankets because they didn't have any guinea-pigs or rabbits staying in them and they were painting the walls so they moved everything together to make space. I've got to go back tomorrow because I left my work experience form at home so I need to get them to sign it, and I think I'm going to ask them more about the rabbit boarding. I'm not sure how big the hutches were because they were covered, but if they were a bit smaller than 6ft do you think that would be really bad? Obviously it wouldn't be brilliant, but I'm going to Poland for four days in a couple of weeks (I know it's not long but with Izzy's teeth and eating problems I'd rather she went somewhere with people who know about rabbits and could seperate her from Archie to feed etc.)

What questions should I ask? As I said I didn't see the hutches, but from what I did see I'm not sure if they were 6ft, although I will ask tomorrow. If everything else is good instead of the hutches, would it be really bad to take them there anyway? I know it's not ideal but the alternative is to leave them at home and my neighbour feed them daily, and she doesn't know very much about rabbits :?

Sorry for the long post

Thank you, I'd like to use this boarding place I found, I just don't know what questions to ask. I'm in Haslemere

6ft hutches isn't the absolute, but its preferred. a 5ft hutch with attached run or access to a run daily would be fine IMO. Check that they ask for vaccinations so that you know that they are thinking about rabbit welfare. Also ask if they disinfect the hutches between rabbits.

Back