• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warmth is important as their temp regulation goes haywire with GAs and also the more you can get him to drink the better to help get the anaesthetic out of his system. Do hope he perks up soon. :wave:

Pain relief is most important, I assume they gave him an injection and told you when to start the oral stuff?

Getting him to eat is probably the most important thing.

I also confine Barney to his pen when he is recovering, and keep a close eye on his till I'm sure he's okay, as he tends to roll and also falls about, and has dunked his face into his water bowl before, not fully or dangerously but still. I also put a selection of food right next to him, so he doesnt have to move to eat it.

I hope he's feeling better. Dentals can be extremely painful after so that may be the reason he was feeling down. No idea about his eye though :? I hope you've got some answers at the vets.

When Alfred has his op on Monday, they said he could be off colour for 24 hours afterwards.

Hope your bun is back to normal soon.

x

Thank you for all your well wishes :love:

I took him in, the vet made me feel stupid for worrying :(
His eye is swollen, the vet said he probably banged it. I know for a fact he didn't when I got him home as he was sat in front of me the whole time and it was shut when I took him out of the box :(

Pierre was so scared I've never seen him like that before. As soon as he was out the vet grabbed his ears and pulled them tight to keep Pierre under control :( He was breathing so fast he was wheezing. I have some eye drops for him. But I'm changing vets pronto am so so annoyed.

Poor lad :cry:

I hope he will soon be feeling much better xx

Thanks Jane. I am right in thinking that vets shouldn't do that? Well rabbit savvy vets?

I also love your picture :love: Paul Mccartney is supporting that campaign. Should get us some more votes!

Poor Pierre. :( Spenser is very difficult to handle, but his vet has never done that. I don't think our practice see many rabbits, but his regular vet has a nice way with him.

The only time my vet has held Barney's ears was to get to tilt his head back a bit further so he could see better up his nose, and he did so gently but firmly. And he is quite a 'rough and ready' 'hands on' type of vet. I would not be happy if they restrained him via his ears :? although my vets do trance buns sometimes which I find unnessessary in most cases. But my vets usually let a nervous bun stay in the carrier (with the top off) if possible.

Could he have banged it in the carrier perhaps?

He may have done as my OH walked him to my car at work but its a 2min journey.

I've never had a vet do that before and it terrified Pierre :(

That doesn't sound right at all! :( If you've lost confidence in them I think changing vets would be a good idea. I hope Pierre is feeling better now. Sending lots of quick recovery vibes xx

Back