• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disturbed by a bottle?

Beau Belle

Mama Doe
Hey RU :wave:

The weirdest question for you: how disturbing do you find a bunny drinking from a bottle in the next room? :oops: Can you even hear it?

An anonymous neighbour dropped a complaint thru my letterbox this morning, apparently my 'late night noises' keep my neighbours awake. :shock: Now, bearing in mind that OH gets up at 4.30am, we are rarely up past 10.30pm. The nighbour claims the 'noises' happen after midnight, and suggests I must be using my excercise bike in the early hours of the morning. (Only, I don't have an excercise bike... :roll:)

As we go to bed about 10.30pm, the only noises after that comes from Ricky, drinking from his bottle. The bead inside the spout rattles, and I must admit it wakes me up on occasion, but then he is in our bedroom and I'm a light sleeper. But it's not like he spends all night drinking..!

So, my question to you is, do you hear your bun drinking from the next room (neigbour is obviously in the next flat) and is it annoying? Does it wake you up?

It's the only explanation I can think of, but it would just be too silly to complain about a bunny drinking for a few seconds, right??

Thanxx

my buns since having house buns have all preferred bowls soo no problems there, mabel just like rosie doesn;t know what a water bottle does :lol:

Could they be referring to the noise your OH makes when he gets up at 4.30am?

No, he's very quiet, and the note said they think it's an excercise bike being ridden after midnight... :roll: I will go knock on their doors when I get home - really p'd me off. :evil:

No, he's very quiet, and the note said they think it's an excercise bike being ridden after midnight... :roll: I will go knock on their doors when I get home - really p'd me off. :evil:

Perhaps it's the ghost of the fitness fanatic who died in the house before you moved in? :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: oh dear!

My buns have bowls and bottles...and I can hear them drinking or banging about in the hutches outside at night buuuut when i sleep I dont get woken up by it...its not that loud! How odd to complain about that...I guess she is being woken by something...but a bottle?:shock:

:lol::lol::lol: oh dear!

My buns have bowls and bottles...and I can hear them drinking or banging about in the hutches outside at night buuuut when i sleep I dont get woken up by it...its not that loud! How odd to complain about that...I guess she is being woken by something...but a bottle?:shock:

It seems unlikely, doesn't it? :roll:

Cassie pig is a loud bottle guzzler. When I lived in my last house, the cage was right next to the bedroom wall, and her noise would sometimes wake me up with the noise through the wall. I think with her the cause of the noise was vibration, where the force of her drinking wasn't just making the bottle make a noise against the bars, but was actually shaking the entire cage! :roll: :D

In the end I put the cage on some soft padding, which seemed to improve things.

Last edited:
Thanxx for all replies :wave:

We've spoken to all the neighbours, but everyone denies writing the note, or knowing anything about it ~ plus they are all saying they never hear us anyway... *scratching head* No idea what's going on! I might get one of those Ezi-filla bottles anyway, just in case...

Have a great weekend everyone! :wave:

My buns make a fair bit of noise at night. Its not so much the bottle though, although yes I can hear a bottle from the next room, but its more when they get excited and dash around, jumping on and off stuff and binkying, one of the buns also stamps at night, as he seems to have nightmares.

We can hear the buns outside through 4ft walls, but we don't have double glazing here.

If you don't have double glazing and they don't i can see how it may be possible.

Could you give your bunny a bowl rather than a bottle for the evenings.

Hmm, can you just blame another flat for the noise? :lol:

To be honest I'd just try an ezi filla bottle, or a bowl or something if she's getting that wound up, incase she takes it further

The girls slept in our room for a night whilst re-bonding. Never again.

That flipping bottle! And they don't just have a sip - oh no, they drink for maybe 90 seconds solid at a time. When you're just nodding off, it seems to go on forever!

They're back downstairs with their water bowl now instead!!!

tell the neighbours you don't hear anything yourself but a previous occupant told you there was a ghost of a woman whose heart gave way whilst she was pedalling her exercise bike....

or maybe not. it would be a bit cruel...:shock:

The girls slept in our room for a night whilst re-bonding. Never again.

That flipping bottle! And they don't just have a sip - oh no, they drink for maybe 90 seconds solid at a time. When you're just nodding off, it seems to go on forever!

They're back downstairs with their water bowl now instead!!![/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

tell the neighbours you don't hear anything yourself but a previous occupant told you there was a ghost of a woman whose heart gave way whilst she was pedalling her exercise bike....

or maybe not. it would be a bit cruel...:shock:[/
QUOTE]

...but soo funny!! :thumb:

Back