• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pippin and Raspberry Ripple are now . . .

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Plumless!!!

Its been a tense day . . and thats just for us!!

Pippin (our little wildie) had to go in with his Papa who brought him up since he was 9 days old . . (my OH, Steve) . . . who held him as he was examined and then as he had his pre-med injection. Then he held him close for 10 mins till it had taken effect . . . then Pippin was taken away wrapped in Steve's t-shirt . . and Steve was on 'stand-by' in the vets waiting room in case Pippin started to come to and panic.

But all went well . . .

we brought him home just an hour after he went in (we have heat lamps and heat mats and all sorts of stuff so its ok) . . and he is awake - but not eating or really moving around yet . . (its now 3 hours since he came round so still early). We have to get in touch with the vets if he does not start eating by end of day . .

Raspberry was not so pampered - but we did insist on a very through check on him as he is still such a tiny thing despite being six months old at least . . have just had the call to say I can go and get him.

Anyway - thats a huge weight of my mind . . and two huge weights off them too:oops::oops::lol::lol:

Phew! What a relief. You must have been so worried today. Glad it all went well. Additionally now you can add one to the statistics of wildies that have been neutered successfully :)

Off topic I know but raspberry ripple is a fantastic name for a bun! Do his looks suit his name?

Hope they recover well and start nomming!

well Pippin is still not eating so is worrying us a little he looks very scared still - its been a big day for him. We dont want to have to syringe feed as thats jjust more stress so we are waiting to see if he bucks up soon.

Raspberry Ripple (REW nethie and tiny) is actually much brighter . .

Hope Pippin starts eating soon. I'm sure you have loads of yummy stuff there for him, your buns normally have loads of good stuff to nom.

I'm so glad it all went well. I've often found wildies to be hardier and have a stronger instinct to survive. I don't know what his set up is or where he is, but if he hasn't, would giving him a small dark hidey hole and some food help him?

I know you were really worried about having Pippin done and were in two minds about it. I can only imagine the worry you have had today and that you will have till he starts eating. I hope he starts munching soon and you manage to get him into a group.

Sening recovery vibes from them. I was beside myself when Spenser was done last year, and I think he picked up on this and was a good couple of weeks before he was eating normally.

Thank you everyone . . Pippin is currently snuggled up on my OH's shoulder/neck, trying to hide under his 'duvet' style waistcoat thing .

But he is still not eating or drinking - which means he is not getting rid of the aneasthetic from his system.

Trouble is, even though he was hand reared, he still hates syringes so oral feeding will be very very stressful.

We will try and get some metaclopromide in him and perhaps later some metacam -

Dont want to take him back to the surgery tomorrow but may have to if he has not started eating of his own accord. :(

GOOD NEWS:

Pippin and Raspberry are now hopping about looking like normal - though Pippin is still rather more wary of everything than he was before yesterday - but then so would you be if you had been whisked away from your comfort zone and then zonked out and woken up to find your balls off:shock::shock:

We have popped him in a hutch with a good view of all the others he usually lives 'with' (I say with . . but actually he lives sort of 'on the edge' of the group - hoping that will change now he is neutered!)

This is brilliant news, so glad they have made it through. I think we need some pictures of them though.;)

Back