• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Valerie - updated 21/12 post 53

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
This week we have been bonding a group of 4 - putting Bobbi in with Dave, Val and Herman. All was fine on neutral territory but when we moved them back into the lounge it didn't go well between Val and Bobbi. Believe it or not little Bobbi wants to be boss of them all :lol:

We have not slept nearly all week and for the first night were up with them for the whole night. A couple of days ago Valerie's eating slowed down, which initially I put down to stress but it has deteriorated over the last couple of days, so i knew she needed a dental :(

yesterday evening Bobbi and valerie had finally sorted out their differences and were lying together. Today Valerie has been admitted for an emergency dental :( Absolutely gutted. I am so worried we will have to start from scratch with the bonding. If that happens I would rather gouge my own eyes out than try again :lol: I haven't slept for nearly 3 weeks due to sick bunnies and bonding, I am like the walking dead.

So please could I have vibes for Valerie's dental and for an easy reintroduction? I have never had such bad timing:roll:

Last edited:
The joys of sanctuaryness Liz.

Sending loads of vibes that Val's dental goes smoothly (and she has smooth teeth after!) and that when she returns, things will be calm.

Could you possibly take them all to the vets? or is that just simply not viable with their individual 'quirks' ? Wondered if it may solidify the bond going for a car journey, etc?

The joys of sanctuaryness Liz.

Sending loads of vibes that Val's dental goes smoothly (and she has smooth teeth after!) and that when she returns, things will be calm.

Could you possibly take them all to the vets? or is that just simply not viable with their individual 'quirks' ? Wondered if it may solidify the bond going for a car journey, etc?

Its only a short walk to vets but with Dave's head tilt its not fair to take him on an unnecessary journey as he starts to roll. And I couldn't bare to send Bobbi there after the last time as Dylan died in their pen with her :( So I think its better for them to stay at home. Don;t think the vet could cope with that lot any way :lol:

I love sanctuaryness, I think you have invented a new word :D

Its only a short walk to vets but with Dave's head tilt its not fair to take him on an unnecessary journey as he starts to roll. And I couldn't bare to send Bobbi there after the last time as Dylan died in their pen with her :( So I think its better for them to stay at home. Don;t think the vet could cope with that lot any way :lol:

I love sanctuaryness, I think you have invented a new word :D

That's why i tried to word my post so carefully, as if it was anyone else, i'd suggest all of them went to the vets together, but as they are all 'special' bunnys with their own 'quirks' (i love that word!) i just wanted to ask. I'm very sorry it can't work out so easy for you, but your life never seems to be easy!

Sanctuaryness can be the word of the day. See how many times you can use it :D :wave:

What a nightmare. Quads are not fun. I understand totally why you haven't sent them together, but wonder, because Bobbi is the one who has had an issue with Valerie, whether taking Bobbi to collect Valerie might be an option? And bring them back in the same carrier?

I hope her dental goes smoothly :)

What a nightmare. Quads are not fun. I understand totally why you haven't sent them together, but wonder, because Bobbi is the one who has had an issue with Valerie, whether taking Bobbi to collect Valerie might be an option? And bring them back in the same carrier?

I hope her dental goes smoothly :)

The journey is literally 2 minutes at the end of the road if that so not worth it. Bobbi has terribly deformed back legs and also struggles in a carrier. The only thing I have come up with is to not sweep and clean the lounge today so valerie's poo is still around. Plus it gives me one less thing to do :lol:

I hope Valerie's dental goes well and that the reintroduction goes smoothly too. :love::love:

Really bad news :cry::cry: The vet rang to say that they had her under GA and her mouth is fine, nothing to stop her eating. So all the pain is in her roots :cry: The vet asked if they should let her go while she is asleep. I have opted to carry on by burring back all her teeth to gum level to see if it helps, but its not hopeful. I already knew the roots had broken right through her jaw and her time was now very limited but wasn't expecting this now. Valerie will probably never eat solid food again, but if we can keep her going a bit longer by me spoon feeding her mush 6 times a day I will do it. She loves her Dave and Herman and still had a quality of life up until now. I don;t know if we will be able to get her to eat anything once she comes round but I am going to try every thing I've got for her.

You have no idea what a smack in the face this feels like :cry: She is one of my favourite girls :love: I also feel like all the hard work we are doing is for nothing. We tried so hard for Dylan and he didn;t make it. We worked so hard building up the babies and now Genna has cancer. We have really worked hard on this bonding and now Valerie might not make it, and if she does it will be weeks if we are lucky :cry::cry:
I know this is what have special bunnies is all about and its what we do, but we are still human and it still hurts especially when so much happens so close together.

Please could we have loads of eating vibes for when Valerie's op is over so she can cuddle up to her bunny friends again. thank you

Last edited:
*squishes very tight* I'm so sorry you only got bad news, and also that you've been overwhelmed recently with other bad news.

I think you know there is a point really even though it feels devastating when you hear something like that, because the point is to make the bunnies lives as happy as possible whilst they are with you; which you definitely do do.

It's always going to be you that suffers in the long term though because of how much you love them and how much you give to them, and that's likely where it feels pointless. Look back at each individual bunny, look at the happiness they had, those moments are the points.

I really hope that Valerie comes home and can be made comfortable and has more moments of happiness :)

Oh Liz, I'm absolutely gutted for you and for Valerie. I'm so sorry, life is so unfair at times. :cry::cry: Sending lots and lots of eating vibes for Valerie, and hoping she has many more happy times ahead with her new friends.

Huge hugs for you too, Liz. xx

I'm so so sorry the news wasn't better Liz :(

Sending lots of nomming vibes for Valerie on her return, i hope she has a little time left with you and her new friends yet.

We have to respect people such as yourself, as you put so much hard work into what you do and yet suffer all the heartache/break and its all so selfless.

Sky summed it all up better than i could.

Hugs for you too.

I'm so sorry Liz. I really hope that she can have more time snuggling with her bunny friends. you'll do what's best for her...you always do.xx

Im ever so sorry...huge nomming vibes for her when she come round so she can be home with her firends...Sky-O summed it up so well! huge hugs Liz...xxx

Thank you for your kind comments

Valerie :love: taken just a couple of days ago
PA310905.jpg

Oh no :cry: She's so beautiful! :love: I hope she recovers quickly and the reintroduction goes well. Sending lots of nomming vibes for Valerie xx

Back