• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there a way of using 'whats new' but not including general chat?

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
I know a lot of people really like general chat but I would actually prefer to concentrate on the rabbity stuff BUT I use 'Whats New' as a quick way to check for new stuff - so is there a way of using Whats New but with the option of not seeing general chat?

I know people will say 'you could just ignore it' when it come sup on Whats New, but even some of the titles are irritating (to me) . .

On another vbulletin forum I go on there is the possibility of blocking certain forums (although, in that instance they still come up on the things like what's new, and the live update/ispy), but I wonder if maybe there is an addon available that could do it?

I know a lot of people really like general chat but I would actually prefer to concentrate on the rabbity stuff BUT I use 'Whats New' as a quick way to check for new stuff - so is there a way of using Whats New but with the option of not seeing general chat?

I know people will say 'you could just ignore it' when it come sup on Whats New, but even some of the titles are irritating (to me) . .
I would definitely use this. I don't want to be tempted to read news-related discussions that will annoy me, and a lot of the other stuff looks like it's personal conversations between people who've known one another for years, and I'd feel more comfortable having the option not to see those.

It would also be a bit quicker for people who are just here for bunny info and pics.

This a really good idea :thumb:

I tend to use the 'New posts' facility and end up missing all the rabbit related stuff because it's virtually all general chat

This a really good idea :thumb:

I tend to use the 'New posts' facility and end up missing all the rabbit related stuff because it's virtually all general chat

This and it's something thats been brought up before, i mentioned that new posts is brilliant, but the fact that its flooded with GC can be annoying. I often look for health or behavioural threads to see if i can help out in threads i've not already looked at.

Perhaps Tamsin could make a button similar to the 'Unanswered Threads' option she made a few weeks back, which i use A LOT?

This and it's something thats been brought up before, i mentioned that new posts is brilliant, but the fact that its flooded with GC can be annoying. I often look for health or behavioural threads to see if i can help out in threads i've not already looked at.

Perhaps Tamsin could make a button similar to the 'Unanswered Threads' option she made a few weeks back, which i use A LOT?

Oh I didn't see that!! I'll use that too now!

I think that would be good too but maybe have another section for "other pets" so people who don't want GC can still help out with other animals. It would also be useful for if GC gets locked again as people could have wanted help with another animal not rabbits last night they wouldn't have been able to get the help they needed.

I don't know if it's possible, I will have a look later, remind me if I forget :)

Back