• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do your buns think of laminate/lino?

What do your buns think of 'slippy' flooring?

• My bun hates slippy flooring

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • My bun doesnt like it but still dashes about

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • My bun doesn't mind much either way

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • My bun seems to like slippy flooring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My bun loves slippy flooring

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nessar

Warren Veteran
Poll to follow.

I would love the buns to have full range of the flat when I'm in, but they dont like stepping on the laminate in the hallway. I leave the door open most of the time when I am in, but no :roll:

Barney is a right baby about it, when I was inbetween houses the room we were in had polished floorboards, and he spent most of his time in the litter tray but slowly got used to it. When on real lino he refuses to move an inch. Annabelle isnt too bad but wont go out there without Barney because she's a scaredy bun.

So yeah, how do your buns react?

Have considered getting a rug for the hall, but the only rooms I want them to have access to unsupervised are the hall and kitchen, and both are laminate floors! I cant carpet the rooms! Anyone have any tips about getting them to overcome their fear?

Last edited:
I put doesn't seem to mind too much as most of my buns don't seem to mind but Bilbo and Nori hate it and won't walk on it.

Bubbles hates it and would rather just sit on the kitchen mat by the back door than come in and walk on the laminate. Alfie doesn't seem to mind either way. :)

I haven't voted though as I need 2 options. :lol:

Bubbles hates it and would rather just sit on the kitchen mat by the back door than come in and walk on the laminate. Alfie doesn't seem to mind either way. :)

I haven't voted though as I need 2 options. :lol:

I know, I meant to do it multiple choice but I forgot! Can your mod powers change it somehow?

Hopscotch doesn't really like the tiles in the kitchen. He'll hop about fine. But when sat still his little feet slide out from underneath him all the time! :lol: It's very funny to watch but I'm sure it's frustrating for him! We put a blanket in there so he has something non-slippy to sit on!

Mine prefer carpet but carpet seems to aggrevate their sore hocks, or at least our carpets do, they aren't very soft. They cope fine with it but rarely binky on it, only on carpet or blankets/rugs.

Last edited:
Hopscotch doesn't really like the tiles in the kitchen. He'll hop about fine. But when sat still his little feet slide out from underneath him all the time! :lol: It's very funny to watch but I'm sure it's frustrating for him! We put a blanket in there so he has something non-slippy to sit on!

I remember when Barney was an only bun and it was Christmas, so I was gonna be downstairs all day cooking etc, so I took him down to the kitchen with me so he wouldnt miss me, and gave him a 2x2ft carpet sample to sit on. He didnt move from that carpet sample for a couple of hours :roll: even when I tried to tempt him off with veg shavings. After everything was prepared (so no more peelings for Barney) I gave in and took him back away from the scary lino :lol:

Bunnies shouldn't be put on flooring that is slippery because they can't get a grip and are at great risk of damaging their backs which are rather fragile, we put mats down for the indoor bunnies:wave:

Can not really vote as both of mine are different, Jimby does not care too much for slippy floors and will 'walk' on them, where as Cookie does jot mind them and will run about.

Bunnies shouldn't be put on flooring that is slippery because they can't get a grip and are at great risk of damaging their backs which are rather fragile, we put mats down for the indoor bunnies:wave:

When I talk about it I mean textured lino, there is grip there and mine do galavant about on it and occasionally binky but they are more likely to do Bunny 500s and binkies in the landing or hallway.

Back