• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies & Beds???? Love to hear your experiences xx

Okay please explain to me why all my past and present bunnies refuse to sleep on any bed I give them...not matter how posh they are....even a blanket....? I would love it if he had his naps on my bed at least...but he won't relax that much...He prefers my hard carpet? :?

and I would love love to see him relax in something....Wils is free range.....but I would love to see him chill in his own bed...

He loves his large wicker basket he uses as his litter tray...but he would never sleep in it...x

Love to hear from you allxx :love:

Sarah & Wils:bunny:

I have a theory but I'm not at all sure about it :lol:

In the wild rabbits sleep in their burrows, which are just dug out bits of earth - so they're pretty hard right? they only make nests when they have babas to look after. Maybe it's just not in nature to sleep on soft things? :oops:

I've tried making god knows how many nice warm beds for my bunnies but they pee in/on anything with hay or anything soft and covered. They now have a cardboard box wrapped in blankets with spare cardboard on the bottom which can be removed if they pee on it. It's the first time they've ever actually used a bed as a bed and it's the only one that people have told me is cruel because it will be cold and hard (it's actually very warm).

just gave up with pet beds.. i mean seriously, if i wanted to buy them a glorious new fluffy litter tray i would have done!:lol::lol::lol::lol:
theyre stinkers, they now sleep on the floor :lol:

Jack likes our king size memory foam matressed bed! He had been quiet for a while which is unusual. We went looking and found sprawled out like lord muck. Give him a pet bed however and its ignored! X

Jack likes our king size memory foam matressed bed! He had been quiet for a while which is unusual. We went looking and found sprawled out like lord muck. Give him a pet bed however and its ignored! X
Fiona! I just splurted out my coffee..ha ha....Nah....the bunnies don't like my orthopaedic mattress...

My lionheads love their dog bed with towel, they'd be just as happy if the towel wasn't there though, they just dig in it. A cat litter tray made a good bed according to Nutmeg too. My lops like to just sprawl out under my bed.

The outside buns all ignore their posh pet beds that I brought them preferring their littertrays. Muffin my house frenchie on the other hand Loves sleeping on my bed so much so that if it's cold he'll snuggle under the duvet even if it means nipping us to get more room. The only downside is he also likes to pee on the bed especially on the pillows if something worries him

Mine sleep on their bed, but it's a mattress :lol:
Just a thin one off an old sofa bed... but big so they play on it and sleep on it. They sleep on my bed, the floor and their cooling tiles too... Basically they do whatever the hell they want :lol:

My lionheads love their dog bed with towel, they'd be just as happy if the towel wasn't there though, they just dig in it. A cat litter tray made a good bed according to Nutmeg too. My lops like to just sprawl out under my bed.
Hi Elena, do you have any pictures of this?x

My doe is banned from roaming the bedroom alone as she thinks the double bed is a luxury toilet :roll: All it takes is to forget the shut the door for 20 seconds, and she'll be sat in the bed looking cute with huge piles of waste all over the place :)

my buns have litter trays with aubiose...they often sleepin that - its just out the wind snthey pop their heads up now & then to peek out!:lol:

The also have fleece blankets - which is just on the hutch floor -they sometimes relax in those areas...but usually if they eating there...

They also have a soft dog bed - but the cushion was too soft for them and they battled to hop about without being swallowed up:lol:...it now has a fleece blanket in it - so thebottom is hard with just the fleece and they do sometimes sit in it...but they have chewed holes in it.

Often than not they sleep on a rug I have indoors or on the cold concrete floor intheir run or on the newspaper in their hutch or wooded base....so seems that cosy comfy-ness is not an essential!:lol:

What about getting a dogbasket or cat hole basket thing that has a solid base and then just pop a fleece in it? they absorb the wee well - are easy to wash and makes you feel better for softness!;)

My doe is banned from roaming the bedroom alone as she thinks the double bed is a luxury toilet :roll: All it takes is to forget the shut the door for 20 seconds, and she'll be sat in the bed looking cute with huge piles of waste all over the place :)

i solved this with using shower curtains on the bed to protect it.
the cheaper the shower curtain the more waterproof it is:lol:

I have a theory but I'm not at all sure about it :lol:

In the wild rabbits sleep in their burrows, which are just dug out bits of earth - so they're pretty hard right? they only make nests when they have babas to look after. Maybe it's just not in nature to sleep on soft things? :oops:

I've tried making god knows how many nice warm beds for my bunnies but they pee in/on anything with hay or anything soft and covered. They now have a cardboard box wrapped in blankets with spare cardboard on the bottom which can be removed if they pee on it. It's the first time they've ever actually used a bed as a bed and it's the only one that people have told me is cruel because it will be cold and hard (it's actually very warm).

I would agree with this. My bunnies seem to prefer hard surfaces over soft and spiky hay and straw nests compared to fluffy cat beds. They only pleasure they seem to get out of beds is to chew them :lol:

Hi Elena, do you have any pictures of this?x

Yup!

Dog bed:

IMG_1958.jpg

75331dd7.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

Cat tray:

5842236687_e841a6ffae_z.jpg

I used a tarp, found it easier to manoeuvre each morning and less likely to be chewed.

Back