• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

very very cold!!

sheridan

Warren Scout
Hi guys,

Im looking for some advice.
Gizmo is my 1 year old minilop (although she is a bit big now). She stays in our downstairs conservatory which is very draughty.
I have a large 1 level hutch which has carpet in it and it is covered with a blanket buut she refuses to sleep in it.
She tends to sleep on a plastic garden chair which gets very cold now. I have covered it with a blanket but she refuses to sleep on it. She actually pushes it back and sleeps on the corner.
She has also found a smalll garden tray which is also freezing and cuddles up on it.

When I go down at night to check on her, her ears are freezing!! But she is happily asleep.

My worry is the weather is going to get worse and the conservatory will get even colder. What can I do to make sure she is kept warm?? I dont want her to get ill!!

Thanks loads in advance.

I dont know how to post pictures on here to show you.

I did think of that but the parents would never allow it down there because of the risk of a fire. also I dont think I could trust Gizmo. She seems to be jumping much higher than my other bunnies ever would..:shock:

She seems to get up to the table the heater would be placed on with no bother....How do I know that? all of my parents plants are either disappearing or are thrown all over the floor!:roll:

Get a snugglesafe, mine love these.

Bunnies like to burrow into something too so I make sure I always have a cat carrier/large cardboard box stuffed with hay and that keeps them nice and warm.

Is your bunny getting a friend?
I think the best thing to keep a bunny warm is a friend to snuggle up with.

sammi_83 lets not even go there!!!
I got Gizmo in the hope that she and Ellie (my 5.5 year old rex whose sister died 1 year ago) would get on. They are both separated butb oth sit at the gate trying to touch noses. Gizmo spends most of her day sitting in front of the gate watch Ellie.

HOWEVER.... I have tried to bond them on a number of occassion. It gets to the point where they both put their heads down to get licked but neither of them will make the first move. I get the feeling Gizmo then does a bit of nipping and a proper fight breaks out!! Last time I tried to break it up my hands were scratched to pieces!!

I have placed a cardboard box with hay there before but I found that her litter training got really bad and she only used the box to chew...never actually slept in it... this is why I am so confused:roll:

This sounds exactly like my boy, he has a nice fluffy cat bed with his blanket on top in his room (the kitchen), a cardboard box with hay, a snuggle safe which I put blankets on and he chooses to sleep on top of a plastic box that keeps the newspapers in. He's always slept there, the radiator comes on slightly through the night for one hour, but he chooses to sleep on the box, we are hoping to rescue a girly in December though, but he chooses to sleep on the box when there are warmer places to sleep so I'm not too concerned :wave:

haha yeah thats exactly what Gizmo does. Although she does like it (a lot) when I cup the tips of her ears and blow on them!!!

Back