• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Covering the run?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Its getting colder and wetter here and Im starting to think about covering the run? how do you do it? Im thinking corrugated plastic as it would be easy to clean but do you just do the top? what about rain/wind and snow blowing in the sides? The run is attached to the hutch so they can escape in there too but I would like them to be able to play out in the run in the horrid weather?

Thanks!

Ohh and any pics of your covered run ideas would be great!! :thumb:

Hi there

I use polythene sheeting to cover my buns outside area for the winter, which is wind and rain resistant. I just tack it in the wooden edges with drawing pins and it works really well. B&Q sell the sheeting - £4.08 for 5m x 4m. Hope this helps!

This is one of mine, you can see the tarpaulin and also the corrugated plastic (with silver backed beach mat underneath).

When it's really cold, or really hot, I add another layer of silver back beach mats on top of the corrugated plastic (silver side up).

Back