• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

crate mess? any ideas ?

Do you mean, the hay is getting on the floor of the dog crate and you dont want it to?

We had a lino base in ours but in the end I just got rid of it, they were free ranging anyway and it was back breaking trying to sweep the lino in it.

lol the hay is comin out of every were lol drivin me nuts all over the carpet any ideas?

Oh, in which case, house bunnys = hay everywhere :lol:

You should see my office / our house. Hay EVERYWHERE :D

You could put up 3 inch high batons round the edge of the dog create, that way, the hay wont be able to get out, but it'll require a little work and purchasing some wood to do so :)

I measured the dog crates sides and went to b&q
bought some thin ply off the scrap section and asked the nice B&Q man to cut it to size (about 4 inches high)
they generally only charge a couple of £ for a load of it and they cut it all for you too :)

they slot just nice between the crate and the tray and prevents a lot of mess (still some mess but thats rabbits for you :) good job they all gorgeous)

if you get extra pieces cut while you are there you could put them away in case the get chewed or wet

Back