• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grown men with rabbits?

How many here are adult men with rabbits? It's pretty common, I think? Maybe you don't show them of as much.

stock-photo-man-with-rabbit-read-magazine-22720492.jpg

I'm a grown man with 2 rabbits.
In the past I've had a parrot and a dog.
I don't see why some people think having rabbits is somehow less manly than having a different kind of pet. If you are a vegan then rabbits are the ideal pet. No buying other dead animals in order to feed them.

grown woman with rabbits here too but there are 2 grown men in the household who have gone from tolerating rabbits ("you can clean them out, they're nothing to do with me") to thinking they're quite cute, to the stage where they would find it really strange not having buns around (and regularly sneaking out with treats for them)

My grown man luuurves our bunnies, tho he's not on here (he always wants to know what everyone is writing about tho! :D) He doesn't mind me doing the cleaning of trays/hutches, but he feeds, grooms, plays and cuddles them. He's first up to let them out, and last in bed after saying goodnight and having a last stroke. :love:

My 19 year old boyfriend has my Poppy living in his room and has done since April :) and by the end of this week he will have his own bunny lol. He was a dog person but his dog ignores him and all of my bunnies love him so he loves them back :)

I'm a grown man.

Not as old as the bloke in the photo though...

Hang on, how old do you have to be to be a grown man!? :?

Great thread this! Am 50 something female but when I started having buns as pets did feel a bit...until I found this site and found it's o.k. Am not affiliated with any rescue etc just love buns....
It's like boundaries are being pushed back. I think people in general don't realise that buns are intelligent, responsive and understanding individuals with their own personalities, like the well established cats, dogs etc... :wave:

I love the photo of the gentleman and the bunny! More please :) I find a man who loves buns VERY attractive!

I'm a woman in my 30s, but last week in the vet's waiting room I met a man nearly as old as the guy in the picture who was there with a lovely old rabbit who seemed very docile and contented - also male. He said the bunny has lots of space to run about free ranging in the garden and conservatory.

I don't see why some people think having rabbits is somehow less manly than having a different kind of pet. If you are a vegan then rabbits are the ideal pet. No buying other dead animals in order to feed them.
The Tesco delivery guy who was here yesterday (with lots of fresh leaves for the bunnies :D) seemed to think rabbits are a pet for women - he mentioned a couple of other female customers who have rabbits and he didn't seem to understand that they can be as companionable as a dog. But then some people only like certain types of animals, and he's probably just a dog person.

I nearly got a cat. Whilst I like cats a lot, I *don't* like the way they're destructive to wildlife. And I can't imagine much of the meat for cat food is farmed organically / free range. Whilst rabbits can sometimes be aggressive to one another, and do need rather a lot of stuff, I'm getting to like their generally peaceful ways more and more as I get to know mine.

This is my Otherhalf with one of our children. We genuinely see the bunnies as our kids and our live revolves around them.

SDC15262.jpg

i got my first bunny about 17 years ago and my OH loved her. he would come down on a morning and ask how is my beautiful girl? i would say fine thanks and he would be talking to Polly! :roll:

even now he dotes on our bunnies even though i do most of the work with them he is still the one who gets most attention and snuggles.
he is a 48 year old lorry driver and pt drummer in a punk band and he sees no shame in loving a bunny. he has pics all over his facebook! :D

Back