• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where else to look for Rescue pigs in Leics?

loubylou34

Warren Scout
Hi,
I have a friend looking to get 2 guinea pigs.
She is new, but keen, been to a local farm who have said none are ready yet, demand is very high (if she wants to breed they will happily take them from her!!!)
I said to wait a min whilst I do some research!
so where to now?? how much are guineas from Honey bunnies?(where my buns are from, but I know Jill is unwell right now) do they need to be spayed etc? she is getting 2 males and has been told that is the best combination.
I am going to P@H tomorrow to see who is in their 'rehome section/

any ideas?

hiya, i'm no piggy expert but personally i wouldn't put 2 males together unless maybe they'd been together since birth - and i think even then i'd be very wary.

i've had pairs of girls and i have also a honeypig boy (neutered) with a girl.

there are a few other rabbit rescues who also rehome guineas - and maybe on the guinea pig forum there will be lots more info:)

I have replied to your e mail..we have the pair of sows in the mail..also others but the sows are ready to go and gorgeous:D
I won't be answering mails tomorrow but if you need more info pm Ange who is Thumpinbun on here as she has all the piggies

Back