• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't help picking up Mr Bennett all the time and kissing him

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
:oops::oops: He certainly doesn't seem to care that I love picking him up and kissing him and when I put him down he still hovers around my feet.

I don't pick up Cutie-pie because I know she really hates it but she does let me give her long ear, cheek and nose rubs.

I have seen on here recently that rabbits equate being picked up as something similiar to a fox attack, as they are prey animals. But I have also noticed many like a cuddle.

It picking them up stressful or for some they really don't mind ?

Donny loves being picked up for cuddles :) but from day 1 of having him I was handling him. Poppy doesn't mind once you have her, but she usually associates it with medicine or nail clipping lol. Lola .... has only been picked up a few times, she hate hate hates it, I put her in the carrier if I need to put her in the other run so I don't freak her out too much :)

Donny loves being picked up for cuddles :) but from day 1 of having him I was handling him. Poppy doesn't mind once you have her, but she usually associates it with medicine or nail clipping lol. Lola .... has only been picked up a few times, she hate hate hates it, I put her in the carrier if I need to put her in the other run so I don't freak her out too much :)

Me too, I handled him from the day he came home. Its only 5 and a half weeks and he has settled really well and comes when I call his name. :shock:

He is about 21 months old and was cared for well by he previous owner, so that makes a huge difference.

BB sinks to his knees and pleads to be let go,Mrs Bun and Roland dont mind too much....
It varies rabbit to rabbit....Lily used to be a "show and tell" bunny...shes used to being passed round and hugged....but now cos its just mummy its "flipping put me back with my brother....."

Depends what mood ours are in. I picked Coco up this morning and held her, stroking her, for almost 5 minutes before she decided she'd had enough. Tried to catch Thumper to do the same but she legged it :lol: However, Thumper too has tolerated a nice long hold & stroke before. She has also bitten me when she's had enough :? :roll: :lol:

I think that is great. All the rabbits here have different tolerances. But one thing is for sure, when they have had enough snuggling they dig, scratch and nip to let you know. Susie Bun had a long snuggle with Floppy the other day and he was in bliss. But once he had enough he sat up gave her a nip and waited to go back outside!:lol: just as well she's his no.1 fan!

I think that is great. All the rabbits here have different tolerances. But one thing is for sure, when they have had enough snuggling they dig, scratch and nip to let you know. Susie Bun had a long snuggle with Floppy the other day and he was in bliss. But once he had enough he sat up gave her a nip and waited to go back outside!:lol: just as well she's his no.1 fan!

:shock::lol::lol:

I haven't been nipped by my bunnies yet. Sunshine was and Mr Bennett is pretty relaxed, Nancy was and Cutie-pie too nervous.

Although Sunshine did and Mr Bennett have shoved my hand out of the way under the bed.:shock: Mr Bennett sort of gently gets his teeth and moves my hand away. So funny its so obvious he wants to move my hand away without hurting me.

Aww, he is such a sweetie. A Floppy nip is open mouthed and like a static shock. It gets your attention but the pain doesn't last. They do get stronger if you ignore Hume but he has never bitten! Yet!:?

Two sleeps to go till you leave him. How will you cope???

charlie rabbit comes to stand by my feet and periscopes to be picked up, like a baby putting his arms up. he loves a cuddle. he even comes for a cuddle when he has to have his medicine. he's a snuggly boy. :)

Very dependant on the bunny, i'm lucky - i have one who is a 'bunny' and one who is a 'human bunny'. Biscuit is the 'bunny' and is very much a 'leave me on the floor and give me a quick stroke' type of bunny.

Ginger however, complete opposite. Begs for cuddles, sits and happily purrs in your arms, adores her nose being rubbed and behind her ears.

Biccy though is the more affectionate of the two, to humans as he sits and grooms just about anyone now :love:

Sounds like Mr Bennett is a human bunny :D

I pick up my boy and snuggle him everyday, especially when I`ve come back from work. He lets me snuggle him for ages sometimes and other time starts wriggling when he has had enough after a few minutes :lol: I don`t pick my girl up now as she wriggles and struggles to get away so badly, she will probably ending up doing some damage to herself.

Back