• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

need advice

tawny2203

Young Bun
couple of weeks ago i posted that holly had started eating the dogs bone, i had no replies but really would like some advice. i know it sounds funny but i was concerned if holly might be lacking something.

she had 6 beautiful babies just over 3 weeks ago and it is since then that she has been obsessed with the dog bone and anything she can find on your dinner plates. the other night she was trying to lick curry sauce:shock: i have notice her wee is leaving a really strong white stain, looks chalky if you know what i mean. not like the other rabbits wee stains.

she is eating plenty and seems happy, just wondered if i needed to give her anything extra

perhaps give your vet a ring and speak to one of the nurses? She should be happy to give general advice over the phone I would think and also could make you an appointment if she felt one was needed.

As a mum who is lactating she will be needing to eat loads and loads. Are you feeding her unliited pellets as well as unlimited hay?

holly is the boss:D the top bunny of the house. yep, she has food all day long, she doesn't even eat all that is in her cage. when she is out and about the house she wants everything she shouldn't.
last night i had a pizza and put the plate on the floor(bad habit i know) and there was some crusts left on it, next second holly grabs a crust and runs:p it's iike having a naughty child.
she seems well and happy and babies are adorable and healthy. maybe i'm just being over protective and have to accept i have a bunny who likes dog bones, pizza and curry sauce:D

I would maybe make sure that she has as much food as needed and have a chat with the vet. Is she poo'ing normally?

Some bunnies are weird like that, I've had buns before that liked just about everything. My Chloe loved cereal :shock:

As long as she eats plenty of hay and pellets I'd say she's healthy :)

poo all normal, she has loads of hay and food. she is running round normal and seems happy. will just keep an eye on her. thanxs for all the advice.

Back