• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just got back from vets.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Mrs and Roland have put some weight on and had myxi jabs.Well behaved and no teeth problems.
BB has a bald bit under his chin to be observed as its a fat roll.No weight loss from him.
Lily.:(:cry::cry:
Down to 573g........Shes starting to struggle a bit now.Her chest is clear, but her disability is worsening.Shes going back in 2 weeks....

Good news and bad news. :(
Grim has issues with his fat roll too, I just have to clean it with hibiscrub and use sudacrem if it gets sore. He's not dribbling from dental issues is he?
Sending vibes for Lily.

Good news and bad news. :(
Grim has issues with his fat roll too, I just have to clean it with hibiscrub and use sudacrem if it gets sore. He's not dribbling from dental issues is he?
Sending vibes for Lily.

No, his teeth are fine and no dribbling but hes piled on the weight since Lily has decided she doesnt feel like eating much because of her breathing.She would rather breath than eat...he didnt suggest a neb (he knows I dont own one, but if Lily needs it, then I will do ANYTHING to help her and will buy one.)

Amanda,its just to weigh both bunnies....I have to be firm with myself and put Lily away at night with food.That way,Puds cant get to his second or third helping.I dont want to break the bond...it will be heartbreak for all 3 of us which wont help matters.

Phew, I was worried there.

Its so much easier to let them get over weight when they are fine, than getting an underweight bunny to put on weight. Sunshine got up to 3.5 kilos. :oops: He lost over half a kilo in a few months on a new diet, but its not easy.

Cutie-pie has lost weight on her last 2 weigh ins. She is not a big eater.

When I was feeding Grim separately I brought him inside every four to six hours to have a plate of soggy pellets on his own. I fed him just before they were put away for the night and just before I went out anywhere and if necessary someone was asked to come in and feed him if I was going to be out for a long time. He would take about half an hour to eat a plate of pellets and then go back outside to be with Smoo. Can you do something like that?

Im putting Lily or BB in a carry box in the pen overnight.Lily will have extra food...broken pieces of SS.I tried the small Excel but she doesnt like them.
She loves veg and stuff....but eats as and when so she will go to the bowl and hes eaten it all.

It sounds really tough trying to get her to eat more but not be seperated for too long. I hope that your new regime works and you find a way to get her weight up and his down. You never know, Amanda will bring a fresh eye to look at the situation at the weekend :)evil:) and might see something else to try.

Lily is almost 3 years old.Neither Ian or myself thought she would ever get to this age with her problems.
She holds her head up quite high now to breath, sneezes lots, and her physical disabilities as well as her general health is failing.....Such as is, she doesnt fight chest problems well.
Shes my Star Bunny....the one I have bonded with....so much more than the other 3.
Its hard to be positive and think about what we have achieved...hard to not be down and negative.I love this little girl more than words can say.
I hope that me and her can get her through this.We have been here before.

Back