• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anybody else got lazy bunnies?

Janey

Warren Veteran
As title says?

I swear mine are so lazy, it does worry me that they are bored to be honest.

They have their own room and free-range all day (so I don't know what they're up to then). But when I get home they have the run of the flat and choose to stay in their room for most of the time. They do occasionally pop into the lounge to have a nose-around but normally retire to their room pretty swiftly.

They have tunnels etc which they do use. I scatter food, I have apple twigs, treats they have to stretch for etc. Is it just my bunnies like this or are there other bunnies out there who just prefer to chill?

Poppy is 5 now and Peter is 2. Do they chill out more as they get older? (I'm refering more to Poppy here rather than Peter).

Rabbits are crepuscular. They are most active at dusk and dawn and will mainly sleep and be lazy between say 10am and 5pm from what i've seen.

I have two who are currently free-range and are doing nothing but flopped out snoozing on their fleecey blanket in my office.

They'll get active about 5pm ish when my OH gets home from work, and we will have mental times for a few hours, before they go back to bed about 1amish :)

i have scooters become rather lazt lately. he normally use to charge about every where and get into every thing but duing the day hes so lazy instead of coming out his cage when i let him he stays in and lays down on his quilts on his back and goes to sleep:roll::lol: ive never known a bunny to do it but its one of his favorite positions and he always goes to sleep on his favorite blanky :lol:

Rabbits are crepuscular. They are most active at dusk and dawn and will mainly sleep and be lazy between say 10am and 5pm from what i've seen.

I have two who are currently free-range and are doing nothing but flopped out snoozing on their fleecey blanket in my office.

They'll get active about 5pm ish when my OH gets home from work, and we will have mental times for a few hours, before they go back to bed about 1amish :)

Yes, I know they are but they are even lazy on an evening. I get in at about 5:30, clean them out so they will wander around and be nosey for a bit, I give them a snack but really, for most of the evening they will be flopped out. I used to get mad running around, binkying (which i still get but not everyday). I really wonder if with Peter it is his aversion to the laminate. Poppy....perhaps because she is getting older??

This is how Betty spends most of her time!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

photo0026.jpg

But mine do it all the time!!

Everybody has gorgeous lazing bunnies, but I bet they move at some point (unlike mine)!!

Back