• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think im Mad? getting two more bunnies

EB18

Warren Scout
Hi All,

I am looking to get two bunnys from P@H adoption area they have been there for over a month and a half and eevrytime i go in there they look more sad and messy than ever, they are two 1 year old males angora x dwarf rabbits, they havent been nautured, i have spokern to the people at p@h and they have told me they will neutur them for free as part of the adoption centre policy.

I already have two house rabbits that a bought a 6x2x2 huth and 6x4run for, but they never use it because they prefer to be on the grass in the front garden or charging around my house. But in approx three weeks we will be moving into our new house where as me and my partner call it has a bunny bunglalow. its a woodern outbuilding with storage heaters and windows that is 6x11ft, and we are going to attach a run on the outside for them. So they wont be needing the hutch anymore. We saw the two bunnies on sunday again and i cried all the way home i was so upset about them and havent stopped thinking about them. My partner has only just decided reluctanly that we can have them, hes just wishes we were in the house already as it would be easier to take them on.

Do you think im mad for going to get them this evening? or do you think im doing the right thing? i know i can give them a great home as my work coleagues say my two house bunnys are all i talk about and they are very loved i spend more on their greens than i do on my own food shopping.

Also i currently have a neutured male and soon to be spayed female, once the other two were neutured and everyone settled do you think id ever be able to bond them as a four? im just not sure how well the group would work with 3 males and 1 female.

Do you have somewhere to keep these bunnies apart from your own? Be aware just the smell of them may cause each pair to fight.

If the two in the adoption centre are boys, be aware they may divorce each other and never rebond, so you may have to get another 2 rabbits so each has a friend.

Also, be aware that you have no idea of their health history, you dont know if they have snuffles or dental problems. Could you afford them both to need dentals every month?

I'm not trying to put you off, just some things to think about, as sometimes we have to say no to rabbits in need in order to ensure our own ones are given the best care.

They may bond into a quad, they may not, or they may split into 4 singles when you try it, its a bit of a minefield bonding a trio or quad.

Back