• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed

hot cross bun

Alpha Buck
hi

i have a baby bun with e c the problem is i have to take away her ramp in her hutch so she doesnt fall but she doesnt have much space now with all the towels round her hutch but i do have another hutch but am concerned if she would be stressed at moving hutches any ideas?

Last edited:
If she's very wobbly then it's best that she is in a small space until she's coping a bit better than risk hurting herself.

If you do have a bigger space and she's coping well then it's up to you whether you move her, but restricting her exercise for a short period whilst she's poorly is unlikely to have a negative long term impact.

Exercise is one of the key elements to beating head tilt, but it's often of little use in the first acute phase and when the owner is still searching for the right treatment for the bunny.

If she has to compromise at the moment it is not likely to be the end of the world, but it is important to get her out for a run and encourage her to move if she is able to.

Thanks Sky-O - that's kind of what I was trying to say, but I garbled it!

We ended up with B in quite a big space even when she was rolling as we kept her with Willow and he needed the space (although he kept escaping! :roll:) but there were definitely times early on where we'd have prefered to have her in a more confined and padded space.

think i will move her she has some where to go at night in the other hutch as she used to sleep upstairs but cant risk the ramp

thanks guys

If possible, could you move her inside? The warmth can help ease the head tilt symptoms but she would need to be inside until well into next year, when the weather gets warm.

thanks skyo i have brought her inside but she is now rolling over severely in her hutch i am so worried about her she is not eating much either

Back