• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snugglesafes?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
When will you start using them?

Its got colder here over the last few days but its still not freezing yet..last night I was out topping up hay and water etc with a short sleeved t-shirt on and it was chilly but not freezing. I was thinking when it gets REALLY cold about using one during the day and two at night?

I put one in a few weeks ago when it was cold (there was ice on the top of the hutch and it was frosty). I usually use a snugglesafe when its below about 10C. Its there if they want it, but they don't have to use it. In the depths of winter, they get a snugglesafe day and night. Last winter, they were sat in their run, sitting on their snugglesafe. :love:

Probably sometime this month. I have bought sugglesafes and a piece of vet bed to lay on top of them for inside the shed/wendyhouse :)

I use them only if it's below freezing, which often means I have to have a reheating session at around 4am-5am ish time, to make sure they always have enough warmth.

Thank you, last night was frosty here so I put one in at about 11pm when i went to bed and when I went back indoors I peeked out the window and couldnt see them in the hutch so I think they were in the bedroom investigating! :lol:

Back