• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my lop is lopsided!

stews mum

New Kit
Ive had stew for 5 days now, one of his ears flopped about 2 days ago, but the other one is still standing up! will it flop eventually? his one floppy ear is really giving him the willies and he tries to shake it out of his face, its hard not to laugh :lol:
i should add that he is a lop cross and not full lop

It can take 12-14 weeks for a true lop's ears to lop. As he's a cross-breed, only time will tell, but I wouldn't worry!

I have one of those as well, he looks like an aircraft banking most of the time!! When he is really chilled and sleepy they both go down but not often!!!

The aircraft look!

FloppyUpstairs.JPG

Almost a lop,

LongGrassFloppy.JPG

Last edited:
This must be the most perfect helicopter look I have ever seen! :lol:
Mango's ears didn't properly lop until he was 12-14 weeks old. Even now his right ear has some mobility, and I can see when he's sleeping because for some reason it goes up. :love:

I have 2 helecopter buns!!
Patch (in my siggy) and his brother Dexter. Sometimes Patch puts his ear down, I think it makes him look silly, his uppy ear gives him attitude!! :lol:

They are funny aren't they. Just as well they don't know we are talking about them or they would be neurotic!!

Ginger's uppy ear is often up when she's alert, but almost always lopped when she's having a bad day.

I think it's so cute :love:

They dont always lop completely :)

It might lop or it might not but I think it's quite a cute look anyway. :)

Alfie used to have one ear that was permanently up in the air but it lopped at around 14/16 weeks-ish I think. Even now though, he can still control that ear and stick it up in the air if he chooses - if he's ever startled, both ears shoot up! :lol:

My Eddie had that! Which is why he was left in the garden centre until he was 6 months old, he wasn't 'perfect'. :( He once saw a vet who told us to try and 'encourage' it to lop by stroking it down!:shock: Hurm...it was part of his charm.

Sergeant has the opposite problem, he's an uppy-eared bun but sometimes one of his ears decides he's a lop!

Lol I have two like that. Isla's is permenantly one up one down, never seen her any other way, Belles have full mobility and can go from covering her eyes to uppy eared

See...

awww.jpg

Ginger: hewo i am Ginger! I hab one earsie up one earsie down! Best of both worlds!

Biscuit: Yes, wells.... :roll:

Back