• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

runs

hot cross bun

Alpha Buck
hi

my rabbits have the run around system attached to their hutches but i only let them in the runs whem im at home do you let your rabbits in the runs when your not home, this is what i want to do but am scared of other prey coming into the garden

What's the run like that the runaround is attached to?
If it has a lid, and either concrete or mesh on the bottom, I would think they'll be find.
Could you post a pic? (preferrably with bunnies in it as well - we like pics:D)

What's the run like that the runaround is attached to?
If it has a lid, and either concrete or mesh on the bottom, I would think they'll be find.
Could you post a pic? (preferrably with bunnies in it as well - we like pics:D)

here's a couple of pics can't see the runs properly they are approxamitly 7ft x 3ft,we shall be building a 12ft x 4ft walk in run very soon hopefully even bigger than that if i can talk the oh in to it;)so if they all bond well they shall have a huge one for all four of them.

fifi and dufus's

007.jpg

coco and timbers, this is where we are going to be putting the new walk in run. taking the plant out and building it off the shed that is there

006.jpg

and they all get free range everyday.

Last edited:
If it's not secure underneath I wouldn't leave them in it unsupervised. They could dig out or something could dig in.

If it's not secure underneath I wouldn't leave them in it unsupervised. They could dig out or something could dig in.

This is quite true. After almost 6 months of being on the planet, Thumper has finally discovered what her front paws are for. Little *****! (love her really, even though she wrecking my grass and is making a valiant attempt at escaping into next door). Needless to say that they're on concrete now ha ha ha ha

However, the little trench she did make took her a good couple of hours and there's no way she could have wriggled through it to escape as it was only about a cm deep. But every rabbit is different - you get an avid digger and he/she could be out within an hour or less. Perhaps put some chicken wire on the grass so that the buns can still get at the grass but couldn't dig out? Might do that myself ... :roll: :lol:

My girls have their permenant run on the patio attached to their hutch and they have access to it all day and night at the moment...however when the weather kicks in really bad I was wondering about shutting the hutch door when I go to bed to keep them in the hutch :? Dont know yet...

They have a 'play' hutch on the grass but thats only for supervised play as i dont know if they would dig out...I wouldnt leave them in that overnight :?

Back