• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting B!

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Mr B has started biting! Every evening he will jump on the sofa and bite my feet/legs! He does it for food and especially when its feeding time- he is so naughty!

It used to be Strawbs doing it and I have enjoyed scar free legs for a while but Bungle has decided he is now a bitey bunny!

Any ideas for getting him to stop?

im guessing he's neutered? could he be feeling a bit under the weather for any reason?

Yes he is neutured. Definately not under the weather, it is very easy to tell when he is feeling a bit poorly as he kinda sulks and goes off his food.

It is for attention and to get treats!

Pebbles bit my foot the other day - enough to hurt but not enough to break the skin - I was sitting on the floor and was in his way :roll: he obviously couldn't be bothered to jump over my legs or go around me! Not sure why they do it, or how to stop them if it becomes a habit.

Pebbles bit my foot the other day - enough to hurt but not enough to break the skin - I was sitting on the floor and was in his way :roll: he obviously couldn't be bothered to jump over my legs or go around me! Not sure why they do it, or how to stop them if it becomes a habit.

It has definitely become a habit with B but it is making me wary of him- as soon as he goes near my feet or legs I start pushing him away!

If you give him treats when he does it then you are reinforcing the behaviour. You need to, for the moment, ignore the behaviour - NO response at all, and ideally prevent him jumping on to your lap however you choose to do this.

If you give him treats when he does it then you are reinforcing the behaviour. You need to, for the moment, ignore the behaviour - NO response at all, and ideally prevent him jumping on to your lap however you choose to do this.

I have been ignoring him and only giving him the treats when he stays on the floor and begs nicely for them! Lol

Maybe it's a problem with rabbits called b? We shorten Boris to b quite a lot, and he went through a stage where I swear he thought he'd trained me to fed him treats when he nipped me. So we played a new game for a while. He bit me, I fed Hannibal ( who bless him doesn't appear to have the brains to work out a treat strategy) . He got annoyed and would stomp, then we'd repeat with me ignoring b till he sat up and asked nicely. It was over in a week.

He's quite an oral bunny. He's the one who HAS to chew things constantly, HAS to eat our slippers and shoes and HAS to nip your leg if it's in his way. Hanny is much more of a softie and would rather just climb all over you!

My bun nips legs if your sitting on the floor and have food or she wants to be stroked. It got really bad at one point where she saw food in some ones hand and would charge over and bolt into your leg then start biting even if you were stood up. Now we make a psst noise to tell her to stop and we never give her treats if she's just nipped, she's not as bad as she was but she is still food possesive with her bowl, id never attempt to take food off of her :roll:

Back