• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

End of the road for Alice

nicki

Warren Scout
After a long battle with a gut disorder and narrowing of the gut, my beautiful bun Alice is showing likely liver failure. My main worry is for my other bunny Oliver who is incredibly attached to her. When Alice lost her sister, she was distraught leading to her first episode of GI stasis. If Alice is PTS, my vet will keep them together for a while. I also have been previously told about putting a teddy in with the bereaved bunny. Oliver lives in the shed and I think moving him inside would stress him further as he is a bit nervous. Has anyone else got any other suggestions? :cry:

Thanks
Nicki

I'm really sorry to hear about Alice. :( Sending vibes for her and for Oliver too. Hoping someone with some advice will follow my post. Just wanted to send my thoughts.

Im ever so sorry too...Ive not got any advice...but may Alice be pain free...and Oliver understand and not grieve too much...hugs xxx:cry:

I have no experience of what you are going through, and I am sorry you are.

But when I had to seperate my two boys because they started humping, I was advised to put a teddy of similar size as his brother to help him a little. So maybe a teddy might be a good idea.

Some nervous bunnies adapt really well to indoor living and it actually helps build a stronger bond between bun and human. I think you could always give it ago, if you wanted to. Just monitor how the bun is settling in for a week or so.

I'm sorry about Alice :(

Back