• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on 'Bunny', and it's a good one.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
We are having him! After I gave James the leaflets to give them and his very drunk dad started telling them "he is a very big rabbit in a very small hutch":roll: they have said they were thinking about giving him to the gardener (the one who doesn't look after him...) for his 2 year old daughter.. He wasn't aggressive in his approach, just he needs treatment asap and he will have a better life with James who has learnt loads about bunnies from me, who got it all from you fabulous people of RU ;)

But it seems we got there first, he his going to the vets tomorrow or Wednesday and we will have him by the weekend/ at the weekend :) well, James will ;) still need to find out if it is a boy or girl :lol: and a name change is needed ;) Bunny will have the hutch/run combo he has, and when we have finished Donny's hutch (just putting it together now, pics later :)) we will be sorting something out for him :) I'm cleaning the shed after work while James puts the sides and back on the hutch and makes the last door :) then it's just the roof to do :)

So happy :) 4 bunnies now :lol: and if it's a boy then maybe a bunboy for Poppy ;) he is 2 and a much more mature man than Donny was for her ;) :lol: Donny is a mummy's boy :lol: just need to bring bunny out of his shell :) We're going to give him a week or 2 before putting him onto SS, he has 3 big bags of Russell Rabbit food so we don't know what to do with them :? Going bunny toy shopping on Saturday :D I LOVE BUNNY TOY SHOPPING :lol:

Last edited:
I have been following this story in the other thread and today's news is fantastic :D

I hope you all have many happy years together..........lucky Bunny :wave:

How wonderful! I read the story in your other threads and it's lovely to see a happy outcome for this poor bunny.

wow! fantastic news! been following the other threads and have had my fingers crossed for you both. lucky bunny :love:

Really pleased for you!

Please put some pics up of him enjoying his new home! The before and after pic will be such a happy ending xxx

Will be taking lots of pictures :D James is very excited :) Hopefully they give us that little hutch so we can smash it up. Going to use my old metal run to give him some more space onto his hutch/run combo until we can get him a new hutch :) let him stretch his legs properly :) seeing as he hasn't done this in 2 years :( He'll have to wait until he gets to us though.

There is a concrete floor in the shed so James is giving up his gym foam mats :lol: I've got an old quilt cover too so he isn't on the floor completely. We are going to use the rest of the lino to do his hutch because some of the wood has been chewed so it will be safer for him too :) I don't think he'll know what to do with a constant space :?

How is Bunny doing?????

I would be careful with the gym mats - that foam is very tempting to tear up and ingest . . . . causing stomach problems.

Also (and it was my vet that warned me about this with one of my rescues) dont give him TOO much space and things to hop up and down on straight away as his bones will be very fragile - he needs to build up slowly. so no leaping up and down or massive binkies!

How is Bunny doing?????

I would be careful with the gym mats - that foam is very tempting to tear up and ingest . . . . causing stomach problems.

Also (and it was my vet that warned me about this with one of my rescues) dont give him TOO much space and things to hop up and down on straight away as his bones will be very fragile - he needs to build up slowly. so no leaping up and down or massive binkies!

Very good advice. I would be tempted to start him off in his small hutch and allow supervised play time which can get longer and longer, and then increase his space. Unless you have a puppy pen or something which you can use to increase his space slowly. You also have to think about muscle wastage and you want to build up his muscles slowly. Maybe you could get hold of some alfalfa for extra protein. :)

I can't wait for pictures of him at home with you!

Yeah, I have brought my old puppy pen over for him and we're going to put 3 panels on the front of the hutches run :) I think just the hutch and run bit for a week though just to get him used to having constant space.

Ooo, I have some alfalfa for the other 2 but they ignored it so I'll get that tomorrow. Going to get some timothy hay too.

We could put the quilt cover over the top of the foam mats I suppose :) he doesn't seem to be a chewer at all :?

OMG!! Have been wondering what happened!! This is the BEST news ever for bunny!! Well done for being brave enough to confront and deal with this awful situation. Look forward to pics and happy news articles xx

Back