• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help please in cannock

linsey

New Kit
hi im new to the site, i currently have 7 rabbits (by accident and no fault of my own) there is one adult and the rest are babies. one of the babies who i think is about 5 weeks old has an eye problem, it looks as though the eye is too small or the eye slit is too big, if that makes sense? i can see a lot of flesh next to its eye? my problem is i know its not normal but these rabbits have homes waiting but not this one and i cant afford to get treatment, does anyone have any suggestions please?

If you think that something is not right with the baby buns eye then you need to get him/her seen to by a vet...im not sure what else your options are really :? Do PDSA help out with vets fee's or anything like that? (I have no idea but just a though?).

thanks

pdsa only help if you are on certain benefits and we are not on any, he or she seems to be fine, running about and eating nicely but it just doesnt look like the others, it doesnt look ripped or infected, its like the corner of its eye is longer than the others,

Back